Problem with formating 2 TB HDD F and G drive

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
fatino55

Problem with formating 2 TB HDD F and G drive

Post by fatino55 »

Hi,

I'm using a hard modded xbox with a 2 TB hdd since a couple of years without any problems. Now I'm modding another xbox for a friend of mine. The xbox is also hard modded (aladin) and has a 2 TB HDD (Western Digital) with a delock IDE/SATA converter (same configuration as my box).

For the initial setup (formating partitions, installing EvoX dashboard for FTP access) I used AID and later Slayers disc. But since two days I stuck in a crazy problem:
Initially the F drive has the full capacity so I used XBPartitioner 1.0 to resize F and G to about 260 GB and then use XBPartitioner 1.1 to resitze to about 927 GB (like in this tutorial. All went fine, no error, I see the correct size. But after rebooting / shutdown my F drive has still the initially size of nearly 2 TB :?:

I repeated the hole process a couple of times, made a full cleanup, used another installer disc (slayer) and so on - and after reboot the initially size of partition F is back.

Hope anybody can help me. Thank you!
bigkidoz

Re: Problem with formating 2 TB HDD F and G drive

Post by bigkidoz »

Are you using the latest version of your Bios ?
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

1. Scrap evoxdash, if using it for FTP it's as slow as a week in the jail.
2. Use XBPartitioner 1.3 & format your extra partitions.
3. If the above doesn't work do this.

Use XBPartitioner 1.3:
1. Load the app off the HDD.
2. Highlight the extra partitions & resize to what you want (can also use A to cycle defaults)
3. Press (Y) until you see format partition in the top right, press start.
4. Press (Y) until you see write table in the top right & press start.
5. Turn the Xbox off & back on.

Now before you do any of the above make sure you have the G drive enabled in evox dash setting.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
xman

Post by xman »

fatino55 wrote:Hi,
I repeated the hole process a couple of times, made a full cleanup, used another installer disc (slayer) and so on - and after reboot the initially size of partition F is back.

Hope anybody can help me. Thank you!
If you need to use XbPt, (any version), twice because something didn't work the 1st time you MUST change the partition sizes, ( just 1GB will do fine), and then have another go back to the sizes you actually want. Just a little quirk with XbPt but an arse to get around till you know about it which you now do. :D
fatino55

Post by fatino55 »

I've got it!

I backuped the currently used bios (EvoX M8 1.00.5838.01) and opend it on pc with EVtool. The option "Ignore Hard Drive Partition Table" was checked with that bios - didn't know that there is such a option.

Flashed a new created bios with unchecked "Ignore Hard Drive Partition Table" and everything works fine!

evtool settings for bios
evtool settings for bios
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr »

Hi

I´m new here and I´m bring this thread from the dead! :D

I upgraded my Hdd to a SATA 1TB. Everything working but after a chunck of data transfered (280GB) I cannot write more on partition F.

What I did:

Evtools (Bios that I used M8 1.00.5838.01)

partition 6 takes the rest of drive
unchecked "ignore hard drive partition table"

After installation of XBMC I use XBpartition 1.3 to format F and G with 450GB each (32k cluster).

I got error after transfered about 280GB in partition F. No more files can be transfered to this partition.

What I did wrong?

Thanks

Mauricio
skeletor64

Post by skeletor64 »

hyrulebr wrote:Hi

I´m new here and I´m bring this thread from the dead! :D

I upgraded my Hdd to a SATA 1TB. Everything working but after a chunck of data transfered (280GB) I cannot write more on partition F.

What I did:

Evtools (Bios that I used M8 1.00.5838.01)

partition 6 takes the rest of drive
unchecked "ignore hard drive partition table"

After installation of XBMC I use XBpartition 1.3 to format F and G with 450GB each (32k cluster).

I got error after transferred about 280GB in partition F. No more files can be transferred to this partition.

What I did wrong?

Thanks

Mauricio
Not sure I know the reasoning why it's giving you errors, but you could try reformatting using Chimp first, then XMP1.3? Maybe you can just do 1 big partition on F using 64K clusters. I don't see why you would even need G unless you go to a 1.5TB or 2 TB hard drive.