New project heaps of questions

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Aussieold

New project heaps of questions

Post by Aussieold »

gday guys

im on to my new project thanks to the help from a heap of members.

ok i have an xbox 1.6 that has already been soft modded by some one else it has the original hdd and i want to upgrade the hdd to a 40gb Western digital WD400 ide hdd.

is it possable to tsop the bios in this version?
how can i check that it hasnt already been tsop'ed?

i have tried to use the hexen tool to swap the hdds and followed all the prompts but when i get to preparing the hdd it flips an error 21?

any help would be greatly appreciated
professor_jonny

Re: New project heaps of questions

Post by professor_jonny »

You cant flash the tsop in a 1.6 xbox as there is no tsop the rom is included in one of the custom chips that boots the xbox.

your options are to keep the soft mod or install a chip
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Error 21 means that files on C:\ are missing. Maybe you have not a complete original MS Dasboard or a file like evoxdash.xbe is missing or points to an other file which is missing.
Fixing that error should work if you just boot a dvd. If you still have the softmod-game that was used re-softmod your xbox and all should be working again. If you do not have the disc try to run a burnd disc like hexen, if it boots reinstall softmod.

If you got your eeprom.bin you can also prepare (unlock hdd,put softmod, lock again using right eeprom) on pc using xboxhdm that is in my opinion more secure.
Aussieold

Post by Aussieold »

thanks for your help guys i ended up using chimp to copy the hdd and it worked great
which xboxs are able to be tsoped?
and do i need to use the exploit to re install the soft mod or is there another way around it i have slayers 2.97, AID and Hexen
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I asume your new drive is bootable as you said it all worked great with chimp, id pop in han auto installer dvd and update to a softmod with shadow c if it is not already to make it more secure.

Some times if your soft mod is some what bootable you can use an auto installer dvd like hexen to repair it, or use your original expliot,chances are it may boot from the dvd even if there are dash files missing, it is worth a try.

By chance can you run a game of dvd if you boot with it in the tray?

If you have the eeprom image you can use xboxhdm if not you will need an eprom reader or chip or a hot swap but you risk dammaging your pc, xbox or hdd with that.

xbox versions 1.0 to 1.5 can have the tsop flashed but the sharp and windbond ones require a bit more work than the rest.