(WIP) New modchip coming in

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
lilkuz2005

Re: (WIP) New modchip coming in

Post by lilkuz2005 »

obitus1990 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm Thanks for the reply. I sent the SVF to the maker of the FlashcatUsb, and, he released an updated version of the firmware for the programmer, as well as the programmer software, and it now works with the Xblast's SVF.
Hey obitus1990, sorry to bump this post but im trying to jtag a few aladdin chips with the flashcatusb, i have the revision 2.1 classic, i have it soldered to the 6 jtag pads but in the flashcatusb software its not connecting to the chip, this is the error from the console im getting,
Connected to FlashcatUSB Classic, firmware version: 4.48
Firmware features supported: SPI, I2C, EXTIO
Failed to connect to target board using JTAG

im pretty sure i have the latest version of the software downloaded, any help with this would be great
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

lilkuz2005 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:26 am
obitus1990 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm Thanks for the reply. I sent the SVF to the maker of the FlashcatUsb, and, he released an updated version of the firmware for the programmer, as well as the programmer software, and it now works with the Xblast's SVF.
Hey obitus1990, sorry to bump this post but im trying to jtag a few aladdin chips with the flashcatusb, i have the revision 2.1 classic, i have it soldered to the 6 jtag pads but in the flashcatusb software its not connecting to the chip, this is the error from the console im getting,
Connected to FlashcatUSB Classic, firmware version: 4.48
Firmware features supported: SPI, I2C, EXTIO
Failed to connect to target board using JTAG

im pretty sure i have the latest version of the software downloaded, any help with this would be great
disable signature enforcement ?
lilkuz2005

Post by lilkuz2005 »

[/quote]

disable signature enforcement ?
[/quote]

im pretty sure the flashcatusb has a signed driver in windows 10, i have used it to flash routers, modems and motherboards in the past in windows 10, im thinking it may be that im using the wrong version of the software ?
lilkuz2005

Post by lilkuz2005 »

hey guys, i recently had time to get back to working on this aladdin xblast modchip, i have figured out how to use the flashcatusb classic for flashing the the cpld, the issue i have now is the version of the svf i have is from 2014, is there a more resent version for this? i purchased a few aladdin xt plus2 chips and a few 49lf080a, can anyone post the latest version ? thanks in advance
xgekox

Post by xgekox »

hello,
do you know what program I can use to compile the source code of the bios?
thanks a lot
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

xgekox wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:33 pm hello,
do you know what program I can use to compile the source code of the bios?
thanks a lot
You cant as per say download a program to compile it you need to create a linux dev enviroment with the nesessary dependancys and proform a git clone the source locally to work with it.

you could download the virtual dev enviroment from here but the link is sadly gone.
https://bitbucket.org/psyko_chewbacca/l ... evelopment

I believe you need i686-linux-gnu-gcc 5.4.0. is required it is mentioned in the code as well as gcc 3.3

I dont know if it compiles under WSL2 in windows 10 but likely it does and it is easy to setup if you are not linux savy.

As a generic Build enviroment probally it will need some sort of the below below wih debian/ ubuntu:

sudo apt install build-essential ccache ecj fastjar file g++ gawk \
gettext git java-propose-classpath libelf-dev libncurses5-dev \
libncursesw5-dev libssl-dev python python2.7-dev python3 unzip wget \
python3-distutils python3-setuptools rsync subversion swig time \
xsltproc zlib1g-dev

There is not much info in the top level makefile and I dont really know enough about the project to comment any futher.
https://bitbucket.org/psyko_chewbacca/l ... r/Makefile

best to contact psyko_chewbacca aka benny_diamond and ask him for a re-update of the dev tools or a list of what is required and i may be able to gelp you set up an image.
xgekox

Post by xgekox »

thank you very much, I will try to contact psyko_chewbacca as well