Softmod Tool: Need testers.

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
hawsey
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Softmod Tool: Need testers.

Post by hawsey » Tue May 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Ah that's great Rocky , I really am clueless here , when I look in file manager it is in E\Games\CoinOPS 7 Tiny lite
When I look in C I see Dashboard there is also a D showing 0 , and an X , Y and Z showing 749 MB but I'm not sure how that can be as I'm sure the Cops takes up most of the stock drive .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk


User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: Softmod Tool: Need testers.

Post by Rocky5 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:21 pm

hawsey wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 4:45 pm
Ah that's great Rocky , I really am clueless here , when I look in file manager it is in E\Games\CoinOPS 7 Tiny lite
When I look in C I see Dashboard there is also a D showing 0 , and an X , Y and Z showing 749 MB but I'm not sure how that can be as I'm sure the Cops takes up most of the stock drive .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I will do it for. I will upload a "Quick Update.zip" file here for you to download, then it's just a matter of following the instructions in the readme.txt
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

hawsey
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Softmod Tool: Need testers.

Post by hawsey » Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Cheers , is the readme txt on the disc I installed ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk


User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: Softmod Tool: Need testers.

Post by Rocky5 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:39 pm

hawsey wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 pm
Cheers , is the readme txt on the disc I installed ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRN8P ... sp=sharing
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

hawsey
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Softmod Tool: Need testers.

Post by hawsey » Wed May 31, 2017 12:10 am

Thanks , you're a star :-) will try it tomorrow
Cheers

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk


hawsey
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Softmod Tool: Need testers.

Post by hawsey » Wed May 31, 2017 10:52 am

That worked a treat , thanks again .
While I was waiting for your help I looked at the xbe maker tool for pc , is there any way I could make that xbe and pop it in to this updater you just did for me ? Or is it more complicated than that ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk


User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: Softmod Tool: Need testers.

Post by Rocky5 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:29 pm

hawsey wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 10:52 am
That worked a treat , thanks again .
While I was waiting for your help I looked at the xbe maker tool for pc , is there any way I could make that xbe and pop it in to this updater you just did for me ? Or is it more complicated than that ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
It's more complicated than that. Download the source code for the softmod ( green button on the right hand side of GitHub ) then edit "Xbox-Softmodding-Tool-Master\C Partition\nkpatcher\dashloader\config.cfg" and then double click the "Build Variants.bat" and you will get an "Quick Update.zip"

Or you can just stick a shortcut xbe in the dashboard folder on C or remove that folder and stick a shortcut xbe in C named evoxdash.xbe.

You have a choice of these:
Multiple dashboard locations built in
> C:\XBMC\default.xbe
> E:\XBMC\default.xbe
> F:\XBMC\default.xbe
> C:\dashboard\default.xbe
> E:\dashboard\default.xbe
> F:\dashboard\default.xbe
> C:\dash\default.xbe
> E:\dash\default.xbe
> F:\dash\default.xbe
> E:\default.xbe
> E:\dashboard.xbe
> C:\evoxdash.xbe
> E:\evoxdash.xbe
> C:\XBMC.xbe
> E:\XBMC.xbe
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

Post Reply