How to install bigger HDD to modded Xbox

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
ArnoldXX

How to install bigger HDD to modded Xbox

Post by ArnoldXX »

I bought a modded Xbox used and it has the same SmartXX LP OPX modchip (i think) and i swapped the original 8gb hdd to a 250gb ide hdd, but now i can't seem to use with the system.

So i would have to update the bios on the mochip or what? I have never done anything like this before, so i just want to use the HDD on the XBox, so what exactly do i need to?

I burned the Auto Installer Deluxe to a DVD-R and i can check various bios information for you guys

Screenshots
ArnoldXX

Re: How to install bigger HDD to modded Xbox

Post by ArnoldXX »

I took some photos of the modchip
http://imgur.com/oGOixOo,J0sI6A6,qWeFk3 ... ,VX1QkFX#1

EDIT
I want to update the EVOx M8+ bios that supports larger hard drives, so which bios i need download from xbins?
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

This is the same chip i have and have started a post with the 2TB hard drive and have done a lot up to this point.

Still not totally working but might help you .

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =13&t=2907
ArnoldXX

Post by ArnoldXX »

Jerry98vert wrote:This is the same chip i have and have started a post with the 2TB hard drive and have done a lot up to this point.

Still not totally working but might help you .

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =13&t=2907
Where do i get the needed files?
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

I don't know what files you are asking about, Slayer?

The ISO zone website is a great starting point.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Just need to flash the chip with a different bios, or the same and edit it so that it will support bigger hard drives. Files are out there just do a search on the net for X2 Bios, X25035, EvoxM8+

@Jerry, did you fix your issue by updating the bios on that chip? If memory serves you can put the desired bios in the root of your C or E drive and name it bios.bin. From there get into the chip's OS and choose the flash from HDD option if it has it. Or network flashing perhaps, been a while since i messed with the SmartXX (Xman has my old one :lol: )
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
ArnoldXX

Post by ArnoldXX »

I got it working and how do i disable IGR on Ëvo? I'm currently using UnleashX and it's the only dashboard that i like. Also i can't use any of the X2 bioses on the chip, since in the maximum bios size is 256kb and the x2 bios size is 512kb.

I'm currently using this bios http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name= ... 8plus_bios

and i had to change the fan speed back to 20% and i just want to turn of the IGR feature.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Nextelhalo wrote:Just need to flash the chip with a different bios, or the same and edit it so that it will support bigger hard drives. Files are out there just do a search on the net for X2 Bios, X25035, EvoxM8+

@Jerry, did you fix your issue by updating the bios on that chip? If memory serves you can put the desired bios in the root of your C or E drive and name it bios.bin. From there get into the chip's OS and choose the flash from HDD option if it has it. Or network flashing perhaps, been a while since i messed with the SmartXX (Xman has my old one :lol: )
No i have not sorted out my 2TB problem yet see other post I did. in the chips OS I do see the hard drive build but I can't pick it let me try to update the bios and will get back.................Stupid chip IMO I mena all this trouble for what??? What does this chip really do???? Not brick your system if you f up what else, make the xbox a super xbox lol.

Thanks.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

@arnoldxx- keep IGR enabled, always a good feature to have. You can use a number of X2 bios's, just not X2_5035 (no 256K flavor). You can use a bios like X2_4981.67 or 4981_06. You'll have to go back and edit the BIOS before you flash it, you know how to do that already. Set your fan speed to alteast 30% to give it a boost.

@Jerry- Yes let me know if flashing the chips works that way. The chip is there to bypass the stock bios and load up what you flash to the chip, but it's also one of the top chips out there IMO as far as options and features go. You'll just need to dig into some more and learn but basically your just using this get around the MS safeties. Keep plugging away at it, Xman know's his stuff and can help, i'll try to keep an eye on your thread but I only pop in every few days now.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched