My MCXB X3 version rack mount style case loaded!

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
davidthomas

My MCXB X3 version rack mount style case loaded!

Post by davidthomas »

This is my daily use xbox with 3 750 gig hard drives that has a over 99% complete original xbox game collection on them. This includes all the PAL and NTSC games and all of the japan exclusive titles also. So it is a truly 99% complete collection. I think there is like 4-5 titles that are missing. Drive 1 has games A-M, Drive 2 has M-Z, Drive 3 has sports and all other apps and programs like coin ops 6, mameOX128, chihiro, and lots more. After everything is installed I still have about 45 gigs still free.

The manufacturer O2X modification was only in business for less than a year and a total of less then 200 cases were ever produced in total. There was 3 styles of these cases that were made and this was the very last and least produced version. This version was made for the X3 mod chip and came with the XLCD and extended wires for the X3 mod chip. If you have more info of this case PM me! There is almost no info left on these cases and I cant find any info at all on this model!

When I first got this case it was a total wreck and missing all of the mounting hardware. It was also missing the original IDE cables and needed to be completely rewired. Lucky all of the custom wires that were made for the controller ports and the DVD drive were there but all of the power wiring and IDE cables had to be made from scratch. Basicly all of the black wiring is original and all of the other wiring I had to make up from pictures and know how. All of the hardware was changed also to allen (hex) bolts. As you can see it came out better than it was made originally. I still need to redo the IDE cables. This was the first set that I made with standard 40 wire cables and I plan to redo then again with 80 wire IDE cables. This also did not come with the hitachi 8164 DVD drive. It had a broken standard XBOX DVD drive. So basicly all I used was the bare case itself!

Version 1.4 motherboard
128 RAM upgrade
X3CE mod chip
XLCD
(3) 750 gig IDE PATA hard drives ST3750640A
Hitachi GDR-8164B PC DVD drive converted for the XBOX
GhostlyGamer

Re: My MCXB X3 version rack mount style case loaded!

Post by GhostlyGamer »

This is one of the sexiest mods I've ever seen!
DavPow

Post by DavPow »

That thing is awesome!
Xlink Kai: DavPow
V1.0, Crystal case, OpenXenium + iND BIOS 5003, 1TB HDD (WD WD10EZEX), XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3, XBMC4Gamers
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I like that, nice job.
davidthomas

Post by davidthomas »

Thanks guys! I like it also. Now I want to make a few changes to it though. I have a bunch of xbox consoles with the X3 chip already. I wanted to get a smartxx version 3 for this xbox. That way I can take off the X3 bios switches and still use the original XLCD. So someone please find it in there collection to help me find a complete version 3 for this.

Also I want to make up a set of 80 wire IDE cables for this. I made this set from 2 stock IDE cables and added more of the IDE connectors and split them. I got lucky and found a female IDE connector on a cable that this case came with. But it is for a 40 wire IDE cable. I guess I would be best making it myself but I do not have the supplies. I would need 5 IDE connectors and a long piece of 80 wire cable. Anybody out there have the stuff I need? I can use this cable I made already as a template, this time I want to make it one piece.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

This is a very nice case! ;)
davidthomas

Post by davidthomas »

This is the list of the PAL club football games that I have. I know these are really rare games to have. Especially for a guy that lives in the USA since they are not even NTSC games :)

Championship manager 5
Championship manager 2001-2002
Championship manager 2002-2003
Championship manager 2006
Club Football - Bayyern Muenchen
Club Football - Borussia Dortmund
Club Football - Celtic
Club Football - FC Internazionale
Club Football - Juventus
Club Football - Liverpool
Club Football - Manchester United
Club Football - Rangers
Club Football - Real Madrid
Club Football 2005 - Arsenal
Club Football 2005 - Aston Villa
Club Football 2005 - Birmingham City
Club Football 2005 - Celtic
Club Football 2005 - Chelsea FC
Club Football 2005 - FC Bayern
Club Football 2005 - Hamburger SV
Club Football 2005 - Liverpool
Club Football 2005 - Manchester United
Club Football 2005 - Olympique De Marseille
Club Football 2005 - Paris Saint Germain
Club Football 2005 - Rangers
Club Football 2005 - Real Madrid
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Yep these are PAL only games I think :)
blighty

Post by blighty »

Im guessing the only games you don`t have are the few that wont run from hdd?

Very nice case man!
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

In my eyes this is the worlds best xbox.....!!! :D
davidthomas

Post by davidthomas »

Thanks! I think it is the best xbox also! I always wanted this case when it came out about 10 years ago. I finally tracked one down! They were not even in business for a year when they decided that they cost to much to make them. This version was the hardest to get my hands on. In the last 5 years I have found 3 others but none were the model with the XLCD. The other models were before this one and the controller ports were mounted upside down. Anyway, I felt that I should do this xbox right and give it the proper upgrades that it should have. Now someone help me find the smartxx version3 chip to complete my ultimate xbox!
professor_jonny

if you pull of the switch i believe it defaults to read the first 1024k bank no need to switch just remove it and if your bios is installed in the correct bank away you go.

you could hide it inside if you wanted and use x3cl to boot the cleaver thing you could do is make each bios change the colour of the led and the power to the led drives a relay and then switches on a specific hdd. on boot up with a latch until it is powered down.

how do you get on putting it in your tv cabinet as it would hang out in mine and need legs on the front to not tip over forwards
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

Nice case mod man, gives me a few ideas for the build that I'm doing, and now that I know how many gigs it takes to get every single Xbox game on the planet, this is very cool indeed :).
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Very inspiring. :)

I'd seen the xtender mod, (looks like professor_jonny's avatar), but this is way nicer looking.

Does it fit a standard 1U/2U rackmount?
Do you have room for any SATA adapters? If you did, you could add the entire collection of PSX, etc, etc, your entire DVD/TV series collection and music!

By the way, is that a mini-fridge you use as a table? Stock it with beers and you have yourself the best entertainment center in miles!
dan.h

Post by dan.h »

Having never seen one of these before I now have instant envy! Thanks for sharing, it reminds me of the XBCase which I would also love to have. This might be a daft question but are they made by the same company?

Judging by your previous posts you must have quite some collection; do you have a page setup here or on another forum showing off your xboxes?
professor_jonny

fxmech wrote:Very inspiring. :)

I'd seen the xtender mod, (looks like professor_jonny's avatar), but this is way nicer looking.
lol but the extender does not have teeth.
davidthomas

Post by davidthomas »

I like the X-tender kits also. That is my ultimate xboxes! I have all 4 colors of the X3CP with the X-tender kits also. I just have them a part right this minute. I am trying to find time to put them back together. But I do have all the parts already. I got the last X-tender kit 2 weeks ago. About a month ago I finally got he last X3CP in green that I was missing. I have them a prt because I decided to build all 4 of them with the exact same parts. Once I get them together this weekend I will take pics of them for everyone. It looks cool having all 4 colors next to each other! I even have the X3IR-kits for all 4 of them. The only crappy thing is the fact that they will each have 3 of the 8 gig hard drives till I can find a deal on 12 new hard drives!
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

How does the boot work? I mean I don't think all 3 HDD are booted from the startup.
Do you boot every HDD with a switch?
Is this similar like the X-tender case?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Where did you get the 8164b adapter? I purchased one & the seller screwed me over & sent the wrong item & just generally lied after that. (Amazon & seller was from France)

I have an LG8164b drive flashes for original disc reading, but no way of connecting it. (So it works like an original drive) trying to find these adapters is becoming a pain in the ass.

Just buying the parts to make my own :-(

Anyone wants the original PDF (translated by me) here it is.
Translated Umbau_by_lagwagon667
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fIv ... sp=sharing
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
King_customs

Post by King_customs »

Thats Cool Man,, Funny I had The same Ebay Page opened Right in front of me while it still alive 4 sale,
around $240 free shipping i think,,,But I said nah I still have many of my own Nice ones an Let it Pass.
--But Cool Idea of Adding the 3 HDs to it,,,I think you turned it into something way better then it was.
nice Find. Your Lucky I didnt click Buy it now on ebay before you lol,,,could have ,but nope not too Much my style xbox.
I love the Original Xbox Case what Can I say.
-----------Oh an I had saved a Picture of what it looked like Originally, If any of you guys want to see
HOW MUCH COOLER this dude made it compared to Its Old self. you can look here.
nice mod man.
How many Xboxs do you Have in Your Collection?

:)
Attachments
cool2.JPG
Custom Edition Xboxs by King_Customs Message Me If you Want Something Nice ; )