SOLVED!!! Please, please, please help ...PAL to NTSC xbox

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
badtaamiz_2000

SOLVED!!! Please, please, please help ...PAL to NTSC xbox

Post by badtaamiz_2000 »

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me here. I softmodd my xbox using sid v5.10 deluxe. I am running unleashx dashboard.

I changed the setting to PAL from NTSC using Engimnh which is included in unleashx under application menu i believe in order to play a PAL region game.

After i restarted my xbox now all i hear is the the sound on the TV and no picture, i am in USA and it appears my tv does not support PAL so since i have no video output i cant see what i am doing.

I need to change my xbox back to NTSC setting, i can still FTP to my xbox, is there way i can change the setting by FTP?

Please please help......

Thank you
Last edited by badtaamiz_2000 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
professor_jonny

Re: Please, please, please help ...PAL to NTSC xbox

Post by professor_jonny »

i believe there is a tutiorial for hexen around to change it blind.

your tv must be old to not support pal if push comes to shove you could try route the xbox through a vhs player to your tv ?
badtaamiz_2000

Post by badtaamiz_2000 »

My tv is about 5 years old and it is full HDTV, the output on the tv shows 576i. I am not sure why i dont see the video.

Thank you
trusty

Post by trusty »

badtaamiz_2000 wrote:My tv is about 5 years old and it is full HDTV, the output on the tv shows 576i. I am not sure why i dont see the video.

Thank you
Maybe you can try with CVBS(normal AV port ) or YCrCb connection instead of YPrPb ......
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

HeXEn, burned to DVD-R at 4x or slower. Cold boot, LED turns red, wait 1 minute, press A. Wait 30 seconds, press A. Remove HeXEn DVD, reboot.

If that doesn't work repeat, but after waiting 30 seconds press B, then remove HeXEn and reboot.
masacheez

Post by masacheez »

Hi Heimdall,

I was wondering where you can grab the copy of the HeXEn ISO. I searched for the package based on your suggestion in a post from about a month ago and unfortunately the only links I can find are deal (eg. http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/xb ... -disc-usa/ which then links to http://cloudstor.es/f/Kk/ ). Any help would be much appreciated! I see your name and assume you are THE Heimdall who created the HeXEn package so I figure if anyone would know it would be you! Thanks for anything you can do for us!

Regards!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/to ... bles-edit/ this link is live although it has been "updated" from the original HeXEn so you might want to wait for Heimdal to reply for the original .
I am pretty sure it would work though .
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Xphazer has the HeXEn download in his signature.
badtaamiz_2000

SOLVED!!!: Please, please, please help ...PAL to NTSC xbox

Post by badtaamiz_2000 »

Thank you Everyone! Special Thanks to Heimdall, your guide was excellent.