Larger HD Partitioning

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
plauge

Larger HD Partitioning

Post by plauge »

Hi all

Been a while since i messed around with a xbox, found a xbox in a shop for £15 so thought id go ahead and get one to softmod

Softmodding went fine, then decided on a larger hard drive to save backups, emu's etc

Used chimp and im now left with a E drive with the original 8gb and the rest of the space seems to be on the F drive, how would i go about making the E volume bigger to hold more space, ive tried xbpartioner but had no idea what i was doing tbh

Or can i install games to the F drive, looked in filezilla and theres obviously no folders in there, so not sure how that would work

Any help would be greatfully recieved, have a bunch of goodies on my laptop waiting to be transferred
xboxprince

Re: Larger HD Partitioning

Post by xboxprince »

You can just install games to the f drive.
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
plauge

Post by plauge »

Do i need to make any folders etc, is it same for emulator roms etc?
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Yeah exactly same as the E: drive
plauge

Post by plauge »

Will give it a quick go once i get the kids in bed, thanks very much

One last Q, which ill answer myself, i take it there is no quicker way to transfer data tot he xbox other then ftp'ing them across?
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Yeah ftp is the fastest :)
plauge

Post by plauge »

Thanksyou, will make start tonight and report back, gonna take a while, around 200gb worth :(

Thanks again
plauge

Post by plauge »

Thats working great, transferred a couple of smaller games and they work

Noticed the odd file is failing to transfer while ftp'ing across, file extensions .POD, is this usual?
plauge

Post by plauge »

I have aanother xbox for the bedroom ready to softmod, could i put the hard drive out of this one into that one and it work or would i need to start from the beginning and ftp all over again?
blighty

Post by blighty »

I have never found a way of using ftp with an xbox that didn't require checking that all files and folders copied ok. That being said i dont ever use xbmc because i find it far too slow, the whole file manager in xbmc is far to slow for me.

I use UnleashX on the xbox and filezilla on my pc but it does require a bit of double checking ( well a lot actually )
blighty

Post by blighty »

plauge wrote:I have aanother xbox for the bedroom ready to softmod, could i put the hard drive out of this one into that one and it work or would i need to start from the beginning and ftp all over again?
All softmodded xbox's need to have the hdd locked by a key unique to each box, learn how to tsop flash the xbox and then you can swap drives between box's all day as long as they have the same type of hdd partition table on the bioses.