Trusty 1.4GHZ/733mhz 128mb ram

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
blighty

Trusty 1.4GHZ/733mhz 128mb ram

Post by blighty »

Look what came in the post today:

Happy Days :D
xboxprince

Re: Trusty 1.4GHZ/733mhz 128mb ram

Post by xboxprince »

Sweet man that's awesome are u going to add anything to it?
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

xboxprince wrote:Sweet man that's awesome are u going to add anything to it?
Lemonade? Blackcurrant cordial?

What, you weren't referring to the can of cheap lager?!?!?
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

spicemuseum wrote:
Lemonade? Blackcurrant cordial?

What, you weren't referring to the can of cheap lager?!?!?
I don't get it?
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
blighty

Post by blighty »

Only plan I have at the moment is to have 2 hdd's in it. 1 for xbmc and
other xbox stuff and a 2nd for gentoox.

not got any plans for now for anything else yet but these things evolve.

Temp wise, I've not seen it move more than 1 deg off 55C so not much point
in worrying about cooling for now.

Did discover last night however that my phillips DVD no longer fits due to the
GPU heatsink being spun round 180 degrees and now taking up more room.

not a huge problem, easy enough fix to throw a sammy in there.

I did ask for a 1.0 board as they are my favourite.

Cheep fosters cos my boss moans when I drink Kronenburgs as still f'd the
next morning. :D
cifa

Post by cifa »

tis a thing of beauty - nice one.
its the first time I've seen his boards. that is SOME heatsink.
btw I am a Coors/Carlsberg man. lol
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

blighty wrote:
Only plan I have at the moment is to have 2 hdd's in it. 1 for xbmc and
other xbox stuff and a 2nd for gentoox.

not got any plans for now for anything else yet but these things evolve.

Temp wise, I've not seen it move more than 1 deg off 55C so not much point
in worrying about cooling for now.

Did discover last night however that my phillips DVD no longer fits due to the
GPU heatsink being spun round 180 degrees and now taking up more room.

not a huge problem, easy enough fix to throw a sammy in there.

I did ask for a 1.0 board as they are my favourite.

Cheep fosters cos my boss moans when I drink Kronenburgs as still f'd the
next morning. :D

That's cool man, should put it in a pc case they have so much more room and extra hard drive slots.
blighty

Post by blighty »

xboxprince wrote:
That's cool man, should put it in a pc case they have so much more room and extra hard drive slots.
Just gotten rid of my pc cased xbox as i have no use for it anymore. my 360 cased classic xbox has as many hdd's as i want to go out and buy as they are removable and I can easy have 2 or 3 in a standard case anyway so, pc case is pointless for me.

I'm undecided still as what I want to do case wise with the Trusty but it is going to be either special or completely stock looking.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

It would be cool if you made it a sleeper now that you mention the idea of a stock case.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Is there a chance you can show pics of the 733 1.4gig switch instalation on the motherboard ?

my board did not come with it and it would be handy to add.

also check the clock cap is sweet it would be a shame to spend a lot of money for the cap to leak and dammage the motherboard.
blighty

Post by blighty »

I will try and get a pic for you PJ but the wires seem to come from the cpu itself and there is no way i am taking Trustys work apart as i may not be able to get a clear pic otherwise.

Trusty removed the cap for me already,

did some testing last night playing hd content that will not play on a standard box, it is better without doubt, some of my music videos that used to be completely out of sync now play fine and some movies that were unplayable now work perfect.

coin ops seems to have some issues, 1 being none of the .xmv video files work properly and i have 50+GB of them so unless i learn how to batch convert them all to .wmv they wont work, I guess i need to patch some of the cores still as some of them run games fast whilst others are perfect

was watching the visualization in Xbmc last night whilst playing some tunes and it blew me away how crisp and fluid it was working. jaw dropping!

small side note - Xbmc shows the cpu speed as 1398.47 - 1398.95 in full speed mode and shows 1395.38 - 1396.23 in 733 mode, I am sure this is something to do with the wait state cycle as it does nothing for a cycle and then full speed for a cycle to amount to the same thing as 733.
trusty

Post by trusty »

blighty wrote: small side note - Xbmc shows the cpu speed as 1398.47 - 1398.95 in full speed mode and shows 1395.38 - 1396.23 in 733 mode, I am sure this is something to do with the wait state cycle as it does nothing for a cycle and then full speed for a cycle to amount to the same thing as 733.
Hi, blighty,,
You are right ..
The "Speed control(actually it's performance control )"is achieved by using a way to half reduce the CPU performance,not directly reduce the CPU frequency, you can check the fucntion of the speed switch easily with watching a video,you press the "Title" button on the remote controller to display the debug information,just see the value differences on the CPU usatage (full speed will with lower CPU usage ,for example: full speed average 21%, half speed maybe 40% or so ), by the way ,you can turn the switch anytime (even when a video or a game is playing)-->no need stop and power down the XBOX .

Regards!
Trusty
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

Does anybody body know where I can download the 1.4ghz patch?
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

Last edited by r32crazy01 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

r32crazy01 wrote:XBE Patcher link
Sweet man thanks :)
davidthomas

Post by davidthomas »

Hey guys I just joined because of this thread. Trusty sent me here! I use XBMC on all of my xboxes and it really rocks! I see you guys are enjoying the new speed control that trusty developed. It works great on the games that are known to run to fast. All you have to do is flip the switch and it drops the CPUs performance in half to get it as close to stock as possible and the patcher is not needed any more for the CPU. I would still run the RAM delimit part though. Some games will lock up if you do not remove that RAM flag.

Here is a quick story on how this trusty speed control circuit came to be. About a year ago I was looking to buy a Friendtech DreamX 1480. It has the turbo switch on the front panel to switch from 1.48GHz to 740MHz. Well that machine is really really rare (I am still looking to buy one if you have one). After talking with trusty for a year or so about 2 months ago he finally had time to start work on it. We talked about cutting the front side bus in half and possibly speed step but this solution is much more simple and is very stable. The best part is you can flip the switch on the fly to full CPU and half CPU. It has been fully tested, I own the very first 1.4GHz with speed control switch that trusty has made and I do not know how I got along without it.

Thanks again trusty for all of your hard work and for making this speed control dream that I had come to life! Now if I could only get my hands on the friendtech xbox my collection would be complete! I have over 30 modded xboxes.

I will take some pics of my 1.4 trusty xbox in a few days. It is installed in a original xbox blue case with the blue X3CP faceplate and X3CE mod chip, X3IR-kit and a 750 gig drive. I also have the 1GHz in original crystal clear case with the X3CP face plate and X3CE mod chip, X3IR-kit and a 750 gig drive. I have all the 4 colors that the X3CP came in all with the X3CE mod chip, X3IR-kit, 128 RAM upgrade and each of the xboxes have the xtender kit with 3 hard drives each. These are my favorite 6 xboxes. Well I also have a MCXB O2X modification xbox, the model that had the xecuter XLCD built in the front with the X3CE mod chip. So I guess those are my favorite 7 xboxes.
blighty

Post by blighty »

Hi David!

Can I introduce you to my favorite thread on the web which i feel you now owe us all a post or two on after your xbox collection announcement :D

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=13&t=39

( on a side note if you or anyone on here has a green opaque case or complete opaque green xbox for sale please PM me )

Im not sure what the deal is with the speed switch but can it be retro fitted onto 1.4ghz only trusty boards? and does trusty mind if the info is shared? I have been asked a few times already for a wiring diagram for people wishing to add it.

I'm don't really want to undo Trusty's work as he is a legend to me ( never was a fan of those extender cases myself and kinda wrote of the whole company that produced them, bit harsh i know, lol )

so would you or maybe Trusty be interested in making this info freely available?
davidthomas

Post by davidthomas »

I knew this was coming next. Everyone that owns a 1.4 will want to add this option to the CPU. Let me say this first. I do not know all the secrets of the the upgrade. I only had trusty design a produce it for me. I had to get a second CPU from him to get the upgrade done. I do understand how it works but what needs to be done to the adapter that he makes to get it done I do not know. It is not a few wires soldered to his adapter to get the speed control to work. I have seen it with the heatsink off and he has added a couple of components to the board to make this work. But here is the part that he will not tell me and will also make it near impossible for you and I to do this. He said that there is a modification done to the adapter board before the 1.4 CPU is solder to the adapter. Thus making the existing CPUs out there not upgradeable. The circuit that he added also hooks to ground and get power to it also. At first I wanted trusty to send me the extra components and I wanted to add them myself but only he is going to be able to do the upgrade. I do not want to take a chance unmounting the CPU from his custom made adapter board. There is a good chance that something will get messed up in the process.

The real truth of the matter is more and more people will be getting these from trusty and someone will remove the heatsink and take pictures of it. Even if we figure out what the extra components are how do we know what was done to the adapter board to allow this to work?

I am a member of ASSEMbler and in the next couple of days I will be removing the complete CPU with the adapter board off the motherboard and I will also be removing the heatsink for a full set of pictures. I am going to start a thread over on my home site and you guys are more then welcome to come over and view the thread. If I do not do the picture I am 100% certain that someone in the near future will do it so thats why I decided to let it be me! You guys will get to see the circuit that he built and see that it is not just a easy project to get working.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

From reading all that I get in short words unless you have a rework station it cant be added, so pictures probally are not going to benifit the masses to be able to preform this mod.

might have to get me another trusty board to go in my spare x3 case.
as it is a pain to play some games as they have to be hdd installed to patch.
davidthomas

Post by davidthomas »

I am working on the pics right now. Later tonight I hope to get them on here. I am planning on staying. I really only mess with the xbox and here everyone is here only for the xbox. So it makes sense to stay here! Anyway I have taken it off the motherboard and I also took the non speed control model off also and I am gonna take pics side by side to compare it. You see that trusty thought about this speed control from a long time ago! He told me that he failed at it a long time ago and nobody ever asked him for the speed control. So he never tried again at it. But now I got him to complete the circuit.

I also just noticed something that I did no see before. When the heat sink is on you cant see anything at all. With the speed control model he has a smd green LED mounted. When you are in the full power mode the green LED is fully on. When you flip the switch and complete the circuit the CPUs power is cut in half and the green LED also dims to let you know that it is running at lower power level or at the half speed. The speed control also has to be hooked to 3.3 volts and of course has a ground also.

One of the games that tends to run to fast is shadow the hedgehog. At full speed everything runs to fast and you can flip the switch and watch the video slow down to normal speed. This means no more patching for the upgraded CPU. I would still do the 128 RAM patch though, sometimes you will get freezing and other issues since the flag has not been removed. Stay tuned for the photo tonight. I am going to start a new thread.