Modchip Data

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
cashonly

Re: Modchip Data

Post by cashonly »

ok, thank you.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
blighty

Post by blighty »

swapping a bios will not corrupt your hdd, if another bios has a different hdd table then it will not be able to read your F and G drive, thats why we always say to put your bios flashing apps and bioses on E as it will be able to be read that partition no matter what and you can reflash your backup or try a different bios.

I too may have to change everything i have to F & G as it does my head in at times not being able to swap drives between certain box's
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

I had seen that it is possible to solder a alladin chip with always on option (bt to gnd) but is this possible with a smartxx v3 chip?
I have solder the d0 point to smartxx without problems on a 1.6 xbox.
I don't know if it is possible on this chip.
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

You can enable auto-start with your preferred bios in SmartXX OS.
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

MrMajst3r wrote:You can enable auto-start with your preferred bios in SmartXX OS.
But the D0 point must be soldered? or can i put them to ground?
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

You have to solder D0 from motherboard to SmartXX.
Oldxboxusa

Modchip Data

Post by Oldxboxusa »

Ok I have test it. D0 to ground works with smartxx too.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Dont know much about it other than it doesn't work without an independent programmer. Aladdin 2

Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

Here is my Xbox Modchip collection, also there are custom cables i made (a little bit offtopic, but i didnt want to open another post)
Attachments
IMG_0053.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
Viperman

Post by Viperman »

tacitus wrote:OzXChip, cheapmod based chip with 256k bios and jumpers for on/off and flash protect.

Here's a link to the manual: http://dwl.xbox-scene.net/~xbox/xbox-sc ... ev1.3).pdf
Hi

I bought an xbox which has this chip mod but the wire was disconnect would it be possible if someone could post this manual as the link doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Viperman wrote:
tacitus wrote:OzXChip, cheapmod based chip with 256k bios and jumpers for on/off and flash protect.

Here's a link to the manual: http://dwl.xbox-scene.net/~xbox/xbox-sc ... ev1.3).pdf
Hi

I bought an xbox which has this chip mod but the wire was disconnect would it be possible if someone could post this manual as the link doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated
https://web.archive.org/web/20110815085 ... ev1.3).pdf
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
nickbriton

Post by nickbriton »

cashonly wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:24 am Here is my Xbox Modchip collection, also there are custom cables i made (a little bit offtopic, but i didnt want to open another post)
Great collection!
I think this is exactly what I've been looking during the last year. I did check out tour.of.britain.com website. It's truly fascinating, imo.
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

Thank you!
BaseMell

Post by BaseMell »

Hi...It's the PIC12F509, which is an evolution of the old 12C508A that is an evolution of the older 12C508. It has better PCB Assembly and layout of the components. It doesn't get heated easily and all the components are from good manufacturers with good tolerance rating. 
They're all compatible to each other, except that 508A and 509 have double the program space of 508.
This is probably the reason you read "508A only", they meant the space requirement.
I burned and used some 509 in the past, no issues.
Last edited by BaseMell on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but I am really struggling to get my Xbox to flash my modchip.

Bit of background:
A friend gave me his working modded Xbox (from his childhood, so OG modded, not newly done)
- It is a 1.6 motherboard
- It had an 80 Gb IDE HDD
- Super Aladdin Live modchip
- LPC header is rebuilt (I guess otherwise it wouldn't have worked in the first place)
- The print on the chip says its an SST-49LF020A, but it is read as an SST-49LF002A in any of the programs on the Xbox

I want to install a 1Tb SATA HDD, so got the 40-pin 80-wire IDE cable, IDE to SATA converter and a new SATAIII HDD (WD Blue 1Tb 7200 rpm 3.5")
I have OG XBOX Installer 2021 and TruHeXEn 2021 on DVD-R and can boot them both

In the dashboard of OGXbox Installer, it can view and allocates the full size of the HDD on F drive just fine, but when I load the stock Unleash dashboard (no DVD in tray), it only shows 123Gb
Opening XBpartitioner 1.3 from the unleash dashboard gives me a warning saying LBA48 not found.
BUT when I run XBpartitioner 1.3 from the OGXbox Installer DVD, it runs fine and says LBA48 patch v3

Both the DVD dashboard and Unleash dashboard says "Protected" I assume that is referring to the 256kb bios not being able to be flashed?

On my Super Aladdin Live, I have bridged BT to ground (to enable always on) and there are no wires from the modchip pads L2, L1 or D0
The trace has also been cut on the Xyclops chip from the Lframe leg (apparently, this means I don't need to connect the D0 to the ground anywhere?)

Is there a way to disable write protection on my modchip? As I feel I need to update the bios on the modchip

Any help would be much appreciated (I've been staying up rather late trying to get it working)
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Maverick wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:35 am In the dashboard of OGXbox Installer, it can view and allocates the full size of the HDD on F drive just fine, but when I load the stock Unleash dashboard (no DVD in tray), it only shows 123Gb
Opening XBpartitioner 1.3 from the unleash dashboard gives me a warning saying LBA48 not found.
BUT when I run XBpartitioner 1.3 from the OGXbox Installer DVD, it runs fine and says LBA48 patch v3
I had this issue initially too when I was upgrading the HDD in a V1.0 xbox with a X.B.I.T. mod chip. The bios that is running on the system doesn't have LBA48 support which is why it isn't seeing anything more than the 123gb you are seeing. I had to run EVTool to repatch the EvoX M8 bios I was using to get the LBA48 support and reflash it. Once I did that, I was able to see the full drive capacity for F and G on my xbox. So I guess it depends on what bios you have loaded on the modchip. You need one that has LBA48 support.