Well. I fracked up.

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
GhostlyGamer

Well. I fracked up.

Post by GhostlyGamer »

So a long while ago, I fracked my X2.6. So i bought a DUOX 2. White version. Comes with flashbios. "Great!" I thought. Tried to hotflash my X2.6. Didnt work. "Ah well" I thought. So then i decided to try to flash the iND-5003 bios image that was on the HDD to the DUOX 2. Bad idea. Bad Bad Bad idea. So now Ive got a dead X2.6, and a DUOX2 that only has cromwell.

Any ideas on how to repair the bad flash on the duox? My xbox is TSOP flashed, but wont boot properly because it has 128mb ram in it. or so it thinks. Cromwell says otherwise.
Xphazer

Re: Well. I fracked up.

Post by Xphazer »

As I told you on TS, use Eurasia Generic Pro Flash Disc to flash from cromwell. :)
There is other ways to do it but they basically all are using raincoat at the end of the day.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

you should be able to do a blind flash and zap the tsop with a 128mb box with a non 128mb bios i did it to mine.

i used the one that pops out the disk drive and asks for another disk with a bios file on it i think it is the one Xphazer mentions i have so many different flash disks lying around
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

professor_jonny wrote:you should be able to do a blind flash and zap the tsop with a 128mb box with a non 128mb bios i did it to mine.

i used the one that pops out the disk drive and asks for another disk with a bios file on it i think it is the one Xphazer mentions i have so many different flash disks lying around
tsop is already flashed but i would have to take off the always enable jumper i made under the board. And im trying to fix an x2. im gonna try eurasia to flash the duox
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

professor_jonny wrote:you should be able to do a blind flash and zap the tsop with a 128mb box with a non 128mb bios i did it to mine.
I am expecting to get a 128mb board real soon. I would really like to know what gotchas there are in respect of BIOSes. I was intending to flash an Evox m8plus BIOS, like I have on all my other TSOP flashed boxes, is that a bad idea...? Any help or pointers to articles to read gratefully received.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

spicemuseum wrote:I am expecting to get a 128mb board real soon. I would really like to know what gotchas there are in respect of BIOSes. I was intending to flash an Evox m8plus BIOS, like I have on all my other TSOP flashed boxes, is that a bad idea...? Any help or pointers to articles to read gratefully received.
yep. that bios will be no good (I'm pretty sure it doesnt see the additional ram with that bios on my system). I use latest X2 bios which works well.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

And i did it again. Now neither bank on the DuoX2 are gone. Time to get me another modchip :/