HDMI Out for original XBOX

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
2 Bunny

point of xbox reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

Isn't the whole point of the Xbox being component exclusive so that you don't have to use an adapter?
GhostlyGamer

Re: point of xbox reply

Post by GhostlyGamer »

2 Bunny wrote:Isn't the whole point of the Xbox being component exclusive so that you don't have to use an adapter?
Component is being phased out of TVs. It'd be hard to find one now that has component.
Xphazer

Re: HDMI Out for original XBOX

Post by Xphazer »

+1. I was in a store checking TVs last week an many big brand TV's do not have component input anymore.
nickw1235

Post by nickw1235 »

So when are you going to roll out this tutorial? I'm very interested.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

He's just converting the component signal to digital. (HDMI)

Though it would be nice if there was a detailed tut or what components you used.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

With this mod would it just be component signals, or could the digital audio be added also, im pretty sure it can just not 100% sure.
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
psyko_chewbacca

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

You can get YPbPr to HDMI converter boxes with COAX and/or TOSLINK audio in for fairly cheap. I found one on ebay under 30$.
b9b9b9

Post by b9b9b9 »

Any news about the tutorial?
Just need to know from where to get the YPbPr/Audio signals and the power supply....
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

You don't need a tutorial to do that, lol.
SPPV

Post by SPPV »

You want HDMI just buy a Hauppauge Rocket. Not only will it make your XBOX super HDMI fancy but will also let you cap whatever you do to a thumb drive. And from what I gather cost is comparable so may as well get a PVR outa the deal
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Xphazer wrote:You don't need a tutorial to do that, lol.
For electronics savvy guys you're right, but a tutorial on the OP's build method would be a great resource to have here.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

SPPV wrote:You want HDMI just buy a Hauppauge Rocket. Not only will it make your XBOX super HDMI fancy but will also let you cap whatever you do to a thumb drive. And from what I gather cost is comparable so may as well get a PVR outa the deal
What a fantastic idea! ...just a shame they're so expensive - over a hundred quid.
SPPV

Post by SPPV »

Yeah when I posted they were on sale here (Canada) 50% off. Regular price is pretty steep. I grabbed one when the sale was going and its pretty sweet. I gather from your mention of quid your in UK spicemuseum so Im not sure if you guys even got a chance at it for a decent price
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

what happens if you select 480 576i or lower modes do you get garbage or a viewable picture ?

my noya x2vga adaptor finally died and im looking along this path for an upgrade.
psyko_chewbacca

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

professor_jonny wrote:my noya x2vga adaptor finally died.
If you're looking to fix it I can tell you it uses a LMH1251 IC for YPbPr to VGA conversion and some OpAmp (probably something like LMH6739, same as eval board). It doesn't generates negative back porch unlike the eval board so don't look for a negative supply in there.

What are your issues with it? Flickering, distorded and/or intermittent image might indicate capacitor failure but I wouldn't be surprised if the LMH1251 was faulty. This chip looks crudely designed and is a pain to work with(and it's expensive!). On top of that, it gets unusually warm (not hot but still) which can suppose realiability issues for such aging equipment.
professor_jonny

I actually have fixed it now there was a safety diode's in the input that was open circuit there was a reversed one across the dc input terminals that popped the fused diode i just bridged it out but i will fix it properly in the future as in its current state if the wrong adaptor is pluged in poof.

I think one of the kids plugged the network switch psu into the x2vga2 luckly it did no break and thing futher.

but i did buy a component to hdmi adaptor with spdif input that should fit in the xbox in the mean time waiting to recieve it to wire it up.

how many tv's these days dont support 480/ 576 resolutions via hdmi or was it only an older tv thing as i could not find an upscaling one to 720 or 1080 in a small size that would fit in the xbox the one I picked was pricy enough?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

What I use for component to HDMI, works great & is small. (Runs off 5v) & it's cheap.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1440343916
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
hahahi123

Post by hahahi123 »

i posted this on my other thread too. not sure if my thread will stilll be up but i came across this video.

the cheapest i could find on ebay is this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Component-Video ... 2ed1ee9abb

amazon also has a few posted too and i have yet to read more reviews
Mantinis00

Post by Mantinis00 »

professor_jonny

the bottom one only supports a 5Gbps transfer rate :-)
It would meaan the small one is closer to hdmi version 1.3 and the big one is closer to hdmi version 1.2.
this does not matter they are basically the same, but in a real world it means the smaller one could have a better sampling rate and thus a better picture, i dont think this will mean much for an xbox with ypbpr input.