Adding a new hard drive moving files

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Jerry98vert

Adding a new hard drive moving files

Post by Jerry98vert »

I tried to research this but can't find anything I will be upgrading the hard drive from the 8gig to 250gig. Can i move all the files from "E" to the new "F" since it's going to be more space? Then I will go into the programs and path my Emulators from "E" to "F" and have everything work?

thanks.
NOTTHESAME

Re: Adding a new hard drive moving files

Post by NOTTHESAME »

if your talking about moving E to your New F, you will need to Burn to a CD, or move it to your pc hard drive

if you have
E:/Emulators/NeoGenesis/
E:/APPS/XBMC/
E:/Games/GTA 3
E:/music/Metallica and so on

only move theses to your pc, im not sure if there is a way to move your old hd files to your new 250gb hd with out a pc or struggling which i have, i had to open up my xbox again and put my old hd so i can grab all my old files to my new hdd which can not be that bad, only bad thing if you havent opened your xbox you will have too anyways to change the hdd :)

dont worry about anything else, everything else will be on your new hdd if you burn the xboxhdm the right way with your eeprom and other good stuff, i think you get an option to move some files depending your dvd you are burning it on.

if you have bigger room on the dvd then your hard drive then you can just add everything to the E drive which xboxhdm will let you before burning the dvd, i think it will let you add files to f and G if big enough to add this drive support, im not to sure how that works or what gb it has to reach to get a g drive.

but im sure if you follow the dvd way, heres a tutorial http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/203286

this was the old way with a dvd you can still do this if you dont have a usb which also works, from here down is usb support :)

NOTE : xboxhdm-22 to just give you heads up i just found this new version which is usb im not sure how it works but im sure its easier then the old dvd burning.

using this program http://filetrip.net/oldies-downloads/xb ... 29658.html xboxhdm 2.2 i think,

go here for more info http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... b-edition/

if anyone knows mroe then me please give our friend a little help so he can install his new 250gb drive thanks..

thanks for your time jerry98vert, if i miss something please feel free to reply to anyone else or me and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can thanks again :)
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

thanks for the reply I was going to use filezilla to move the emulators directory from E to F and was hoping everything works.

I am going to use Chimp and hope for the best I only have like 4 emulators to move.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

I had no isses when upgrading a softmodded xbox with 8GB HDD to 320GB HDD using Chimp. I just cloned C: and E: . The F: drive stuff I had to do manually. It's only a few GB. Be cautious with the modded dash info though. Make sure your dash loader points to where XBMC will be as you make that change. I just popped an EvoX into the location where XBMC used to be (filename changes and all) as an oops protection whilst I moved XBMC to F:. That way if it loaded Evox, I was okay, and knew I screwed up the change. When it loaded XBMC, I knew I did it right. I never saw EvoX, but it was nice having a security blanket. Better safe than cussing yourself out later.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

use the porgram you feel is best for you, im glad you got it sorted out :) good luck
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Jerry98vert wrote:thanks for the reply I was going to use filezilla to move the emulators directory from E to F and was hoping everything works.

I am going to use Chimp and hope for the best I only have like 4 emulators to move.
Be careful what files you move, generally you shouldnt be placing anything other than apps or dash files in E drive, place all other emu's/ media files etc in F and G .
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Thanks all so last night I tried Chimp, I followed a youtube video on where to put the files. Like the one file in E: and the directory Chimp in E: and the diectory Xsomething under E:/Apps and went to black screen so I don't know what happened. I guess I will delete the 2 directories and that one file and try again.

So I was going to move files in Filezilla since I am not at in front of my Xbox I can't tell you the directories to move I want everything in E moved to F but now I am thinking I should just move the 4 games I have for now which is SNES NES Atari 2700 Atari 2800 and Intellivision. I may just delete the directories and put them back in the F and from there repath in XBMC programs section.