help with installing sid files!!!!

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
phillymc10

help with installing sid files!!!!

Post by phillymc10 »

Someone please help me with this i cant find an answer anywhere basically trying to copy did files from memory card to xbox but cant. I bought a usb to xbox controller cable off eBay bought memory card downloaded action replay for transferring files wouldn't work action replay keeps crashing everytime i attempt to move files so managed to get them on with xplorer360, injected files put memory card in controller and when i try to copy files to xbox hard drive it recognises there's something on the card being like only 8 blocks free but wont let me see what's on it or more importantly copy files someone please assist me with this thanks in advance
Redneck9

Re: help with installing sid files!!!!

Post by Redneck9 »

dont use SID (softmod installer deluxe)

see: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =13&t=1040

So basically SID toasted my Upgraded HDD, if you use SID on your stock xbox HDD you might brick your xbox (always keep your stock xbox hdd after you upgrade to a larger one)
Last edited by Redneck9 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
phillymc10

Post by phillymc10 »

Thanks but i don't understand, even id i try and transfer different files how can i transfer them when the xbox wont let me? And i know im a bit clueless here but i cant install aid by disc until i mod xbox but cant sorry if am not making much sense feel free to ask any questions thanks
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

your doing it all wrong, in addition to the fact you don't need an xbox memory card with a usb to xbox.

what you need is a flash drive formated in "FATX" no larger than 4gb, drop the files onto the flash drive from your computer, copy them to xbox hdd, then load game disc.

go with SID files 2.0, that's what I used on my stock HDD (5.0+ has bugs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU7HYBg4dM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SVeya56m54
phillymc10

Post by phillymc10 »

I don't think i explained properly the usb to xbox i only have a cable usb end and the other end is for the controller to slot into installed drivers for controller and memory card transferred files to memory card (i think using fatxplorer) and i cant do the first step in the video you posted when i try to copy the gamesave file there's nothing to select to copy despite the memory being full? What am i doing wrong?
byron

Post by byron »

@ phillymc...I've always fallen back to this tutorial when I forgot exacty what I was doing

http://www.productwiki.com/microsoft-xb ... nutes.html

About halfway down it starts in on the steps for transferring the files...don't know which game you are using but this one uses mech assult (not that it should matter).

from the tutorial:
NOTE: When attempting to copy the gamesave from the memory card, make sure to press right on the directional pad to select the smaller MechAssault circle, as in the second screen capture above. Use common sense and you can figure this out easily.

Hope this helps
phillymc10

Post by phillymc10 »

Thanks for your reply but when i try to transfer files using action replay it crashes everytime i tried and format or transfer files any ideas?
byron

Post by byron »

Okay, so you're stuck on step 5 from the tutorial I posted above...it's been awhile since I did that (once done as long as you have the memory card you don't need to do it again). I actually hacked off the end of an old controller and spliced a normal usb plug onto it, and when I plugged it into my pc i specifically remember needing to download a program or some drivers from microsoft so that the gamepad could be used to navigate my pc...have you done that yet? If the controller isn't being "seen" by the computer, then you'll never be able to access the memory card in the gamepad....
phillymc10

Post by phillymc10 »

Yeah part 5 (5.2 a think) and yeah the lead i have is pretty much the equivalent of cutting the end of a controller off and yeah installed drivers for controller and memory card (both took forever to find and install) and whenevr i try and transfer the program just crashes
byron

Post by byron »

Okay, we'll figure it out...so it crashes when you drag the file from "my computer" to action replay center column, or from action replay center column to memory card? You might also try erasing all of the data from the memory card (no need for "injecting" anything afaik) and starting over, or reinstalling the software etc...
phillymc10

Post by phillymc10 »

yes! thats exactly what i'm talking about wouldnt let me from my computer and when i try from the centre column to the left one it just stops responding and closes no idea what to do thought maybe it was my memory card and its not an official 1 either thought that might have something to do it but no idea.... thanks
phillymc10

Post by phillymc10 »

and forgot to try and reinstall software will go it a go and see what happens!
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

if you are running windows, be sure to run action replay software in xp mode.

Just right click on action replay .exe then properties>compatibility>windows xp