Xbox won't boot to dashboard until I press the eject button !

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
BRANITOR

Xbox won't boot to dashboard until I press the eject button !

Post by BRANITOR »

Hey there!

I'm new here and I don't quite no what to do !

The situation is as follow :
-Softmoded with rocky5 using splinter cell
-changed the dashboard to User interface X
-cloned the HDD to an SSD and the locking was succesfull
-changed the dashboard back to unleashX

everything works fine except for when I boot the xbox, everything goes black after the animation and then I press the eject button and the dashboard appears !

Thnaks for further help hopefully !
BRANITOR

Re: Xbox won't boot to dashboard until I press the eject button !

Post by BRANITOR »

One more thing to add is I did change the LED light from orange to green with NKpatcher and I've also Null the HDD key ! Is there something wrong that I did along the way !?
T3ch42

Re: Xbox won't boot to dashboard until I press the eject button !

Post by T3ch42 »

Hi. Getting back into the scene after a long hiatus, but having some similar issues to the original poster. I picked up a couple of "broken" xboxes on ebay a while back and was able to recover the eeprom for the one with error 6 and rebuilt the hard drive successfully.
I know is probably a dead post, but what he is describing is exactly what I am seeing. Previously I hadn't used anything except for the SID5 softmod many years ago, so there is a lot in the rocky5 version that i probably hadn't figured out yet.
Results for me are the same, will boot through the animation and then goes to black unless the eject is pressed. Thinking I might need to update an ini file, but I was under impression that the softmod searches for the dashboard default.xbe that is linked in the shortcut.

Anyhow, thanks for the continued development of this awesome hardware!