Help with newly acquired xbox

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
BernaXL

Help with newly acquired xbox

Post by BernaXL »

Hey guys I'm new here, I recently I got off eBay an modded Xbox, I'm completely out of the loop and I don't understand how this works , I kinda wanted to do fresh clean install and I don't know how to do it I will link some screenshots so you guys can judge and maybe help me.

the seller says it has a board 1.1
500 GB SSD
Tsop flashed with with new bios

https://imgur.com/a/Xnvhaop#4PCWN2W

Sorry for being vague :?
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Help with newly acquired xbox

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

With a TSOP the Xbox is effectively like a chipped machine which means you can pretty much do whatever you want without too much risk. A TSOP in this case is simply a shorthand Xbox modding term for the replacement of the original Xbox BIOS with a new one. That is written to the, previously read only, TSOP chip found in Xbox v1.0 - v1.4. Hence the name.

I'd think about it before wiping the existing HDD - the dash is either XBMC4Xbox (XBox Media Centre) with a modern skin or XBMC variant, possibly XBMC4Gamers, so it could well be an up to date installation.

As long as you have a working DVD drive you can use any installer disc (chip/TSOP options: either AID, HeXEn or Slayers burned on DVD-R) to format and install a new dashboard onto a new, completely empty HDD. That's what I'd suggest you do, keeping the existing HDD as backup in case anything goes wrong.

Not sure what the OpenXDK under the Xbox logo means, probably an indicator of the particular TSOP BIOS type. Googling didn't help but I'm sure somebody else here will know more about that. If it is working and there are no problems then I'd leave that side of things well alone.
Last edited by Coldly-Indifferent on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:17 pm Not sure what the OpenXDH under the Xbox logo means, probably an indicator of the particular TSOP BIOS type. Googling didn't help but I'm sure somebody else here will know more about that.
I think it is OpenXDK and it could be a debug bios not retail variant or someone just patched in alternate logo.
But might just be a nod to the fact the bios supports loading OpenXDK binarys.

https://github.com/XboxDev/OpenXDK/blob ... /bios.html
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Oh its: OpenXDK (since corrected in the earlier post) the Open Xbox Development Kit not OpenXDH. Dumb of me not to realise that and might be why I didn't get any hits when Googling.

Thanks for the info
BernaXL

Post by BernaXL »

Apparently is running some loader named dragon