Do people really believe in these fake videos?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Rocky5

Re: Do people really believe in these fake videos?

Post by Rocky5 »

So you think that all the videos on YT are all fake because you can’t workout it out???

Anyways here is the manual PDF for v1.3+ some menu images are outdated but 99% of the info is still accurate.

XBMC4Gamers Manual PDF

This will show you how to work everything, if you still can’t work it out. Then it’s not the fault of XBMC4Gamers.
Last edited by Rocky5 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
skeletor64

Post by skeletor64 »

Not only is XBMC4gamers fake, this emustation dashboard is full of just as much malarkey.

Here’s a video of mine from last year, this will show what it really looks like
https://youtu.be/q0k4eETlVC0
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

For context, this dude has been going around to a couple Xbox modding communities for the past couple weeks under different account and saying similar nonsense. Even when you do try to help, he responds with a bad attitude.

https://www.reddit.com/user/Puzzled_Tip4287/
https://www.reddit.com/user/liquid_draino/
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Justabystander

Post by Justabystander »

I have also sent a copy of this reply to everyone in this thread so it gets recognized, and dealt with faster.

Someone asked a question that has yet to been answered, and people here claim they've answered the question being asked. At this point it's a dead end because there is obviously some serious miscommunication happening and people are having their ego's bruised, and pride hurt. So can we please put aside who is right or wrong or what people think, and get the question asked and answered properly, so the situation gets resolved and we can all move on...Please?

People on this site have been providing replies with information that are not relevant to the question, and doesn't actually answer what is being asked. You can't provide someone with a link to a manual, or tell them to watch a video that does not cover what they're asking, then proceed to argue with them about how they were provided the information when they come back saying the replies they were given were useless because it doesn't answer their question.

The yellow text and the 2 black text's on top are the questions. The black text on the left is absolutely true and why manuals and links to github are pointless because they do not help for this specific problem as it doesn't answer the questions. So how to get the dashboard set up has gone unanswered which leads me to ask a question of my own, how come setting up this section of the dashboard is not explained anywhere? how do people miss this and or think this isn't important? Better yet, if how to get this section of the XBMC4GAMERS dashboard has been explained as to how to set it up, I personally would really like to know where that information is or have someone say, the information doesn't exist, but here is how you do it, and here is where you get the artwork for it. I honestly do not see how anyone involved in this, decided to skip this information as if it's not relevant or important.

Last edited by Justabystander on Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

I updated the link I posted for the manual, I had linked to the document not the pdf sorry.

Everything you need to know is in that file in plain English.

Also press the white button and pick Change Thumbnail 🤷‍♂️

Backgrounds press Up on the d-pad and pick backgrounds 🤷‍♂️
If you want a custom image, pick the hard drive icon in the backgrounds menu 🤷‍♂️

It is literally piss easy to use, all menus are named appropriately and are self explanatory 🤷‍♂️

As for downloading stuff for this dashboard. Black button > settings > DOWNLOADER!!!

If you can’t see the buttons along the bottom of the screen, you should have calibrated the screen when you were asked.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Justabystander

Post by Justabystander »

EDITED BY ME..Reply BELOW
Last edited by Justabystander on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justabystander

Post by Justabystander »

I had a long rant reply but Decided to remove it and replace it with this edit.

Someone finally messaged me and explained what no one here did SO I'm now bowing out of this before a get brain damage.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Justabystander wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 am I had a long rant reply but Decided to remove it and replace it with this edit.

Someone finally messaged me and explained what no one here did SO I'm now bowing out of this before a get brain damage.
We're well past that, bud.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

GoTeamScotch wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:07 am For context, this dude has been going around to a couple Xbox modding communities for the past couple weeks under different account and saying similar nonsense. Even when you do try to help, he responds with a bad attitude.

https://www.reddit.com/user/Puzzled_Tip4287/
https://www.reddit.com/user/liquid_draino/
Sorry a bit off topic but it Seems a bit odd all these accounts were created recently with the same apparent issues seems to be a recent theme over the last few weeks, of one of the users linked YouTube channels seems to be bashing other users work to get clicks and subs and is really sad people have to snoop this low.

Personally I don’t use xbmcforgamers my-self as I hardly get time to play games with all the modding I do :-) but I appreciate what work has gone in to this and have installed it for other users to figure out them selves.

I don’t know why some people need to be spoon fed and throw the toys out the cot if they can’t figure it out.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Justabystander wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 am I had a long rant reply but Decided to remove it and replace it with this edit.

I just told you what to do 🤷‍♂️

If you want to work something out press a button. You managed to create a profile so surely you could press Up on the dpad considering it tells you along the bottom of the screen what Up does. (view options) Then each tab is named appropriately for its function.

Also maybe post what the user who messaged you said so others who seeming have these issues can see how to change generic stuff.

After all this crap over the last week you lot could at least posts what the solution was :?
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Justabystander

Post by Justabystander »

Rocky you need to stop replying to people with the crap you've been spouting because it's absurd. You haven't explained a thing nor answered a single question I've asked. You didn't tell me anything. I got one of the questions I asked from someone who read what I asked, understood and answered it.

You had absolutely nothing to do with me getting the answer I asked for. You also need to stop saying to use the downloader to download stuff that doesn't exist. The only art that can be obtained with the downloader is the game box art and that is it. There is no other artwork that exists anywhere in the URL downloader accesses. So again, stop telling me to use the downloader to get things that do not exist.
here are some examples

1. XBMC4GAMERS is a dashboard and it belongs in the dashboard download section with all the others.
2. All the emulators need to be moved into XMBC-Emustation where they belong, and then remove the entire emulator section, because it doesn't belong there.

When I ask where to get the artwork and background images for the main dash of XBMC4GAMERS, Do not reply with the generic "Use the downloader" crap comment without any explanation of it's use.
tx3000

Post by tx3000 »

I've been reading through this topic and others like it, and am shaking my head at the level of arrogance and ignorance from everyone.

It's always fun to see people's questions not being answered, while telling people they answered it. I especially find it amusing when someone pulls the all these different accounts showed up saying the same thing. that's funny because the person doing that, exposes themselves for the exact same thing as there are 4 different accounts all saying the same thing as them. According to that lgic, anyone that agrees with, or says the same thing any place, are all the same individual.

Anyway, thanks for the chuckle everyone.
skeletor64

Post by skeletor64 »

For someone who claims not to use social media, discord, or forums, you surely get around on these pages with multiple profiles. you are rude, ignorant, and unappreciative of anyone's time and effort. You ask a dumb question's like how do i change the root/program like it's witchcraft or some grand conspiracy. Context (white button) to change thumbnail has been around since the earliest XBMC skins, if you have been modding xbox from 2007 and haven't figured that out, you truly may be the white knight of the braindead. snort another line TLGamer. Youtube channel with no comments because you can't hold a room if you aren't talking over people.

-Skeletor64/Incursion64
JohnsModz

Post by JohnsModz »

2questionsagain wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:31 pm Are people really dumb enough to believe that XBMC4GAMERS can be setup like the person shows in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htfoa0EZnBg

XBMC4GAMERS cannot be setup like that.

There is no artwork
There are no background pictures
There is no way to add any of directories that have sub directories never mind the artwork and things for both. I know I tried the whole add source thing and it didn't do anything.
There is also no way to get music playing as background as well.

So many fake things.
You are ignorant and without common sense. I have artwork on all my builds, you just don't understand the simple tasks needed. You should do a little reading, and experiment to learn the basics. getting artwork in XBMC4Gamers is far more simple than most Xbox mods including softmodding. I suggest you keep sending your xbox to people with experience to mod, do not attempt it yourself until at least understand the basics. HAPPY GAMING!! :)
tx3000

Post by tx3000 »

Oh man, this topic is getting juicy! Once again I have to chime in here, because the ignorance level and blame shifting of people is outstanding it makes me chuckle.
JohnsModz wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:51 pmYou are ignorant and without common sense. I have artwork on all my builds, you just don't understand the simple tasks needed. You should do a little reading, and experiment to learn the basics. getting artwork in XBMC4Gamers is far more simple than most Xbox mods including softmodding. I suggest you keep sending your xbox to people with experience to mod, do not attempt it yourself until at least understand the basics. HAPPY GAMING!! :)
I'm just curious as to how is anyone not involved in the making of any of this stuff, is mysteriously supposed to know what to do, especially when the people who put everything together, have refuse to explain and or answer anything people ask?

EDIT: (I forgot to mention this)
I'm just saying what I witness on this forum and many other places.
Last edited by tx3000 on Mon May 31, 2021 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

tx3000 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:33 am Oh man, this topic is getting juicy! Once again I have to chime in here, because the ignorance level and blame shifting of people is outstanding it makes me chuckle.
Spoken like a true internet troll.

Move on, folks. Nothing to see here. Don't feed the trolls.