Someone please explain how

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
2questions

Someone please explain how

Post by 2questions »

Someone want to explain to me how to get the "Trainer Settings" option to appear in the context menu? Because the only option I have is update trainer list. Anyone that shows they have a "Trainer Setting" option in their context menu, either edited a file, or have to be using some special version of XMBC4GAMERS that allows the "Trainer Settings" option as part of the context menu
Here is my context menu :Where is the Trainer Setting" option?

Rocky5

Re: Someone please explain how

Post by Rocky5 »

You need to have trainers installed.

The context menu entry will only show if a trainer for that specific game was found.

Q:\system\trainers\ is where they go, but you can use the built in downloader to just install trainers (all duplicates have been removed) and they get installed to the correct location. Once installed, run the “update trainer list” and it will scan them all in. If you have supported games (region) the entry to enable them will show in the context menu and you will see a grey logo on the covers of the games so you can see at a glance what games have trainers.

They are under the other tab on the downloader.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
2questionsagain

Post by 2questionsagain »

Not sure why i couldn't get back into that other account but kept saying the PW was wrong which it wasn't. So it locked me out from too many attempts..I just created a new account and will be using this one from now on. Anyway
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:01 am You need to have trainers installed.

The context menu entry will only show if a trainer for that specific game was found.

Q:\system\trainers\ is where they go, but you can use the built in downloader to just install trainers (all duplicates have been removed) and they get installed to the correct location. Once installed, run the “update trainer list” and it will scan them all in. If you have supported games (region) the entry to enable them will show in the context menu and you will see a grey logo on the covers of the games so you can see at a glance what games have trainers.

They are under the other tab on the downloader.
I know where the trainers go I put them there. No offense, but you cannot seriously be dense enough to believe I do not have trainers and made this post for the sheer hell of it do you?
Anyway,
I had a very unique problem that I got to the bottom of and fixed but something like this should be listed in some manuals or mentioned. There are also some trainers that need to be fixed because they don't register. So I fixed those too. If you want me to explain what happened to me as well as what people should be made aware of, let me know and I'll create a separate topic for this.

On a side note, why are the trainers in Q for anyway? Q:\ is basically a virtual drive So i was curious as to what the reasoning behind that was? I ask this because a lot of ETM trainers have their path which is C:\ hard-coded into the trainer itself so it doesn't matter what the skin/dashboard puts the path as, a lot of ETM trainers won't even work unless they're in C:\. This is of course unless someone re-coded all of them.

The problem trainers I found are:
Army Men major Malfunction:
Freedom Fighters:
All 3 Prince Of Persia Games

BTW you also have 2 flaws that need to be worked out which are also not mentioned anywhere so I have no way to read a fix:
1. There is no image in the preview window in the synopsis menu, the video plays, but it has no image..Not sure if that is supposed to be like that but I cannot fix it.
2. There is no explanation on how to set up a movie folder to watch videos either. Creating a directory then adding it as a source doesn't display the files inside the directory. I have named the source Directory folder Videos, movies, vids.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Actually I do and didn’t think anything of you :roll: but the fact you didn’t specify you had trainers and the fact I include 1 with XBMC4Gamers for burnout 3 would be why the “Update trainer list” entry shows in the context menu and why I said what I said.

You can’t attack folk, because they replied to something you lacked information on, I covered all bases with my reply.

Also Q is not a virtual drive it’s a shortcut to the XBMC4Gamers installed location.

As for trainers being hardcoded, never heard of them being hardcoded to C. As all they are is a list of memory offsets (little more to it but you understand) that the trainer engine reads and uses. But just because I haven’t seen it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

If you could supply the info publicly here so others can fix them as well that would be great.

Due to all the TLGamer stuff I aint joining any discord servers to discuss anything.

Also you’re lucky am bothering to reply as I still don’t even know what trainers you’re using 🤷‍♂️ The ones on the downloader were sorted and cleaned by a tool I made for another user on another forum. (There are no duplicate trainers, and broken ones removed) The downloader trainer pack is all known trainer collected to date, by the dominator1 on another forum.

Replied about the image on your post, but to reiterate there is no image on the preview tab as it’s only purpose is a video window and a text box to say it found the file you placed in the media folder of the _resources directory.

As for movies, I don’t support it as it’s not games. But it’s possible to play videos via the file manager. Or if you want to add it in you will need to add the video xml files and then add menu entries to load those menus, and I won’t be helping as I don’t support it.
XBMC4Xbox does that brilliantly for SD content.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
2questionsagain

You're a cocky bastard aren't you. Let me kill some of your reply because you're not quite correct on some of what you said.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 am Actually I do and didn’t think anything of you :roll: but the fact you didn’t specify you had trainers and the fact I include 1 with XBMC4Gamers for burnout 3 would be why the “Update trainer list” entry shows in the context menu and why I said what I said.
I didn't need to specify it's blatantly obvious. The fact that you're actually trying to defend your position that someone would actually not install something then say it doesn't work, is just plain out mind numbing.
Apparently you don't have much common sense.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 amYou can’t attack folk, because they replied to something you lacked information on, I covered all bases with my reply.
1. I'm not attacking anyone, you saying I am doesn't make it a fact.
2. I didn't lack any info at all
3. How did you cover all your basis when you didn't even ask me, you just assumed which is ridiculous.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 amAlso Q is not a virtual drive it’s a shortcut to the XBMC4Gamers installed location.
If you're going to repeat parts of what i said keep it in context. I never said Q was a virtual DRIVE I suggest you go back and read what I put.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 amAs for trainers being hardcoded, never heard of them being hardcoded to C. As all they are is a list of memory offsets (little more to it but you understand) that the trainer engine reads and uses. But just because I haven’t seen it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
Most people don't know how trainers are made and are not aware that trainers made with a specific program require the compiled file to look in a very specific directory regardless of what the skin or Dashboard path is set to.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 amIf you could supply the info publicly here so others can fix them as well that would be great.
I said a lot of info, which specific info are you talking about?
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 amDue to all the TLGamer stuff I aint joining any discord servers to discuss anything.
Not sure what all this TL gamer crap is but that's not my business so I really do not care. I never asked you do join a discord server. I asked to talk to you over discord which simply requires a friend request.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 amAlso you’re lucky am bothering to reply as I still don’t even know what trainers you’re using 🤷‍♂️ The ones on the downloader were sorted and cleaned by a tool I made for another user on another forum. (There are no duplicate trainers, and broken ones removed) The downloader trainer pack is all known trainer collected to date, by the dominator1 on another forum.
It doesn't matter what trainers I'm using, the dashboard/skin isn't what make the trainers work, the xbox will read any trainer from any directory and work as long as the skin/dashboard has a trainer launcher in it and the XML for the skin/dashboard is configured to do so and it's configured correctly. Originally things like MASM was used to assemble .asm files which then got converted to .xbe to run them that way, but eventuall the Evox Trainer maker was released which is where the file extension .etm comes from.

BTW you don't have every trainer, it's missing a number of them those disappeared when the original XBIN disappeared (Not everything was saved). If I can locate them from my old xbox stuff I'll pass them on but they are probably long gone. There are still broken trainers in the download. I know this because I had to fix a few of them manually and I listed the ones I fixed in the other topic.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 amReplied about the image on your post, but to reiterate there is no image on the preview tab as it’s only purpose is a video window and a text box to say it found the file you placed in the media folder of the _resources directory.
Yea I saw that and thanks.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 amAs for movies, I don’t support it as it’s not games. But it’s possible to play videos via the file manager. Or if you want to add it in you will need to add the video xml files and then add menu entries to load those menus, and I won’t be helping as I don’t support it.
XBMC4Xbox does that brilliantly for SD content.
I'm in agreement that publicly both XBMC4GAMERS and XBMC4XBOX should remain separate, however people who want to customize their own should be given the stuff to do so without the need for 2 dashboards.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Am done. If it’s not working for you I’m sorry and I can’t help you.

And if you had read what I said, you would have seen that I stated I include a trainer for burnout 3 with XBMC4Gamers so yes that menu would appear regardless, but the fact you said how to get the trainer settings to appear. Implies you have no trainers for the highlighted game or no trainers bar the one I include 🤷‍♂️ there for I said to download them or tell me what ones you’re using. If you give me zero information I can only make assumptions.

The trainers in the pack are all trainers bar the duplicates (half of them were duplicates) so the number will be less, but that doesn’t mean it’s better in the case. Also
the ETM trainers couldn’t be sorted at the time and most were conversions (using the tool to convert XBTF to ETM) of the XBTF trainers. (Dominator1 tested them all I never)

Also you may want to read what you type 🤷‍♂️
On a side note, why are the trainers in Q for anyway? Q:\ is basically a virtual drive So i was....
That clearly states you think it’s a virtual drive, when in fact it’s not even close to a virtual drive it’s a dynamic source 😒

But anyways sorry I can’t help with your issues.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
2questionsagain

Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:30 pm Am done. If it’s not working for you I’m sorry and I can’t help you.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:30 pmAnd if you had read what I said, you would have seen that I stated I include a trainer for burnout 3 with XBMC4Gamers so yes that menu would appear regardless, but the fact you said how to get the trainer settings to appear. Implies you have no trainers for the highlighted game or no trainers bar the one I include 🤷‍♂️ there for I said to download them or tell me what ones you’re using. If you give me zero information I can only make assumptions.
It doesn't matter if you left a trainer for that one game, if someone doesn't have that game installed it's irrelevant. also because it's not explained how to know there are trainers for any given game it's impossible to know they're there. You also didn't bother to mention and it's not mentioned anywhere that if there is no trainer for a game, the Trainer Setting option won't even be listed in the menu.
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:30 pmThe trainers in the pack are all trainers bar the duplicates (half of them were duplicates) so the number will be less, but that doesn’t mean it’s better in the case. Also
the ETM trainers couldn’t be sorted at the time and most were conversions (using the tool to convert XBTF to ETM) of the XBTF trainers. (Dominator1 tested them all I never)
Unless each trainer was redone from scratch (not converted) the trainer will get read by the xbox no matter what the extension is or where the trainer is. I was just commenting on why you most likely never heard of a trainer being hard coded into the trainer itself. Hard Coded trainers must be placed in C, otherwise they won't work in the game. The skin/dashboard will pick up the trainer where you set the pathway to and you can even go to the menu and turn them on and start, they won't actually work if they aren't in C

Rocky5 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:30 pmAlso you may want to read what you type 🤷‍♂️
On a side note, why are the trainers in Q for anyway? Q:\ is basically a virtual drive So i was....
That clearly states you think it’s a virtual drive, when in fact it’s not even close to a virtual drive it’s a dynamic source 😒

But anyways sorry I can’t help with your issues.
I do read what i type, What I said was it acts the same as a virtual drive, because it does.

I said it like that so people can have an easier time understanding the Q drive when it's mentioned. The Problem that you're having understanding what's being said is that you're not American. What a word means in American might mean the exact opposite in another country. I do not fault you for not knowing what definitions are being used for which words. but i do fault you for not even bothering to ask what I meant before posting some snide remark as you always do. My problem with you is, you assume things, instead of asking what someone means.

"The word Basically has the meaning and context of in simple terms you CAN look at it like this"
retrogamer

Post by retrogamer »

Hi All Newbie Here, Would like to know where I put the etm trainers on my soft modded xbox og, I also have XBTF trainers, I originally Put the trainers in E Folder I then edited the xored.ini and wrote to E:\Xored\trainers but couldn't get them to work, games like max pain, Terminator the rise of the machines after.

I goto applications then click on Xored version 2.2 it loads, then I select the game I.e. Max Pain, then the cheat, enable cheat and then click start. but the cheat doesn't apply, same for terminator: rise of the machine, now I tried moving the trainers to C Drive in system\trainers but same again the cheats are there but they don't apply in game, Either I have a bad set of trainers, and if that's the case can someone point me in the right direction to workable cheats for a soft modded Xbox og?

I also tried the trainers from the downloading them in my xbox og, and they didn't work either. so I don't have a clue what im doing wrong. any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!