ATTENTION please stop with the XBOXHDM, it's pathetic

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
TL GAMER

ATTENTION please stop with the XBOXHDM, it's pathetic

Post by TL GAMER »

I'm tired of morons who upload shit like this, and never explain anything so it can be understood. Furthermore the tutorials don't even match the screens in the programs

professor_jonny

Re: ATTENTION please stop with the XBOXHDM, it's pathetic

Post by professor_jonny »

You cant unlock a drive if they are security frozen if you boot from a computer with the drive attached the computer will atempt to access three time which will lock the drive to aviod brute force password hacks.

You must power cycle the drive while the os is runing to un freeze it. putting the pc to sleep may help here or physically disconnecting the power plug from the drive ( note hot swapping or power cycling using this method can harm your pc it wa not designed for this.)

You can then run xboxhdm hyrens boot disk or something to unlock it but there is also some things you must take note.

with older xboxhdm versions It must be with a directly acessable device from the motherboard (int 13H) not raid or ahci mode it must be in ide/ sata compatibility mode in bios.
It often must be in the first master channel of that ide / sata device and this was the case with the original xboxhdm.

I suggest you really need to calm down and remember that we are all here for free doing this, and videos like this are not helpfull or respectfull.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INT_13H

Alternativly you can send your drive to a pro to unlock it if you were in NZ I could do it for you.

you could buy a copy of pc-3000 from ace labratories so you can unlock drive with a mouse click from windows only costs a few thousand USD, so dont knock a free solution if it takes a bit of working out trial and error.

https://www.acelaboratory.com/pc3000.udma.php
TL GAMER

Post by TL GAMER »

This Drive I have cannot be unlocked via this program, in fact no locked xbox HDD I have has been able to be unlocked with this program that's a fact.

If said program could unlock a drive then we wouldn't be having this conversation and I wouldn't have posted this topic.

I was able to access the drive through a method that isn't even mentioned anywhere
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Please share then. Post something useful that may help other Xbox users.

Its one of the main reasons why people come to forums like this.
2questionsagain

Post by 2questionsagain »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:59 pm Please share then. Post something useful that may help other Xbox users.

Its one of the main reasons why people come to forums like this.
All the information people gave him wouldn't ever work so why should he give anything in return...At least that's the way I look at it?

Anyway I replied in his other topic the only way to gain access to the drive again.