Only have f drive

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Vodkanakas

Only have f drive

Post by Vodkanakas »

So i softmodded using rocky5s method then cloned the drive to a 3tb drive but only selected the option to have f take up rest of space so now i have a 2084gb F drive. Am i gonna have a problem with this or do i need to reclone and do the f&g equal partition option?
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Only have f drive

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Definitely yes.

The FATX formatting only supports up to 1024GB using 64K clusters. If you don't reformat for equal F & G partitions of that maximum size the moment the content on your single F drive exceed that it will corrupt. Its practically guaranteed.

Use XBPartioner v1.3 or Chimp to reformat to use both F and G extended partitions.

If you go up to the 1024GB limit for each partition you will be using more HDD space than if you were using a 2TB HDD which is actually 2,000,000,000,000B about 1860GiB (2 x 930GiB) ie. you get about 180GiB space extra across the two drives.

I think those calculations are correct but the actual figures are not really important, using a 3TB HDD gives you extra space but you will still be wasting about 800GB of it.