Hard drive keys

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
alfredo2

Hard drive keys

Post by alfredo2 »

I own multiple xbox consoles and I am currently in the process of modding them so that they all have the same gamesaves and same hard drive keys so I can mix and match the hard drives accross all systems. I can edit the unique hard drive key no problem in configmagic but at the bottom of the screen there is "current hdd lock password" I am unable to edit that.

I know that I could leave the hard drives unlocked but I would rather have all the hard drives locked with the same password.

Is there anyway around this? Any solution to this problem?
Rocky5

Re: Hard drive keys

Post by Rocky5 »

The password will always be different as it’s generated with the eeprom HDDkey, model number and serial of the HDD.

So if you have the same HDDKey on all Xbox you can swap drives no issue. (The password is irrelevant to you)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
alfredo2

Re: Hard drive keys

Post by alfredo2 »

Thanks for the response, I understand you are the king when it comes to modding so I you have my thanks.

So I should be fine with locking each hdd with the same key and be able to mix and match no problem?

Could I (just to be extra safe) edit the model number and hdd serial with the same matching values so that the hdd passwords are the same then lock the drives no problem.