Changing Region - Won't save

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
moreno9

Changing Region - Won't save

Post by moreno9 »

Hello.
This is my first post here :D

I have a Xbox classic and I need to change its region from PATL to NTSC to enable the HD on xbox and yes, I am using Component Cable and I am sure the cable works fine. I have used the enigma program to change it. It says "press A for PAL or press B for NTSC". I do press B but when I reconnect the console the region won't change. I enter again on enigma and the region remains "PAL". I enter on the original dashboard, I went to Settings and the option to set the 480p. 720p and 1080i won't appear.

Please help me. I don't know what's wrong.
professor_jonny

Re: Changing Region - Won't save

Post by professor_jonny »

you likely have a softmod with a shadow c you might need to do it by first removing shadow c before changing your region.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Sounds like a typical Shadow C annoyance to me too but how are you exiting Enigmah?

It has, also annoyingly, no formal exit button. If you're shutting down the Xbox then restarting and have a Shadow C that's why it is reverting back to the original settings. You should use the controller reset option instead for temporary change of region (L+R Triggers with Back+Back button).

For permanent change you probably need to unmount Shadow C and there should be some method of doing that provided by the original softmod. However if it is really old it is a faff involving writing a text document which turns it off. I can not find the details about that now but I'm sure someone else here knows.

I think the best advice you're likely to be given is to update the softmod using Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tools. That too uses a Shadow C but provides the option to permanently change such settings from the main dash menu or the Extras disc.

If nobody else is going to use the Xbox and you're not an inveterate fiddler ie. know what you're doing then I'd ditch Shadow C completely. I've tried both SID with Shadow C and Rocky5's XBSMT installs and....................not for me.
moreno9

Post by moreno9 »

I am restarting the Xbox with the controller with the triggers + black and white buttons thingy. I know nothing about that Shadow C :/
Thank you anyways.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Well you need to know whether you are using it because if you are it is probably the cause of the problem not being able to save the region change settings permanently.

Shadow C is just a way of protecting your real C:\ drive from unwanted changes. Its effectively a virtual C:\drive which reverts back to your real C:\ drive settings on reboot/restart.