Xbox 2TB Drive Help

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
updawg

Xbox 2TB Drive Help

Post by updawg »

Currently I have a 1.0 Xbox with a TSOP Flashed x2 5035 bios. I read that I needed to first use Xbpartitioner 1.0 and format it with even partition sizes and then reformat it again with 1.1. I was able to do this but how am I able to tell that everything took correctly? Currently the F and G partitions are 949 GBs each, does that sound correct? I don't want to put a whole bunch of data on here to get data corruption down the road. Any tips or pointers would be great. Thanks!
whufclee

Re: Xbox 2TB Drive Help

Post by whufclee »

So presumably you've used xbpartitioner 1.0 to format it to 32k clusters and then used v1.1 to convert it to 64k clusters? So long as you have actually done that it sounds like you're all ready to go and start filling it up. Hmmm... I remember Heimdall telling me the best way to check but I can't remember what he said - it might tell you the cluster size in UnleashX or Evox or maybe HeXEn tells you? There's definately some program/dash out there that tells you the cluster size - sorry I can't be of more assistance tonight!
Adult Swimmer

Post by Adult Swimmer »

In theory you can create a file in notepad on your pc ( open note pad and type your name and date ) and save it. Make sure to check the file size after you save it .
Now you will need to ftp it over to your xbox on one of those 2 partitions f or g. But before you do check your dashboard for the partition in question. Write down the size of that partition. Now ftp the notepad file over and recheck that partition for the difference in size.
Remember that if you formatted the drive with 64k clusters and you sent a file over that was 65k it would actually take up 2 clusters and would show a difference of 128k, proof that you formatted it with 64k cluster size. If after sending over the 65k file to the desired partition showed a difference of 96k it would be proof of a 32k cluster format. Just a little math and you can load her up with confidence. Good luck!

P.S. If you are ftping with flashfxp and your transfer rates come to a slow crawl, you may want to change version. I got the best transfer times with flashfxp 3.4 if i remember correctly. Its been a while.
Always root for the team of the guy who supplied the keg!!!!!
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

whufclee wrote:So presumably you've used xbpartitioner 1.0 to format it to 32k clusters and then used v1.1 to convert it to 64k clusters? So long as you have actually done that it sounds like you're all ready to go and start filling it up. Hmmm... I remember Heimdall telling me the best way to check but I can't remember what he said - it might tell you the cluster size in UnleashX or Evox or maybe HeXEn tells you? There's definately some program/dash out there that tells you the cluster size - sorry I can't be of more assistance tonight!
will xbpartitioner 1.1 select the cluster size auto for me because
i have now a 200gb and i gent select cluster size just 16k wil it detect a larger hdd by itself
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Yes, XBPartitioner 1.1 will select the correct cluster size, but with a 200GB hard drive it makes no difference, because all of the formatting tools will use minimum 16kB clusters, and that's exactly what you want for a 200GB drive :)