Modchip bad flash please help!

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
captainsensation

Modchip bad flash please help!

Post by captainsensation »

I recently got a hold of a new xbox (after having a friend unsuccessfully try to tsop and ruining the motherboard and a 200 gb and 300 gb hard drive ).

Anywho, this new box was from a pawn shop and has a x2.3b pro in it. After trying to upgrade the bios on the chip using flashx 1.2 it froze during the programming stage probably because i didn't have the right config for the banks to be unprotected.

The bios was erased on all 4 banks and now my xbox makes a beeping noise and powers on, off and then on again with no video at all. When i turn the chip off i can access my box but i am in dire straits of how to reflash the chip. I have made a disc using ozxflash but i get just a black screen when and the dvd tray will open after a few mins. Any way to handle this with software? If not, how can i get a programmer? I have xecuter bios manager that lets me create a bios but not sure what i can get to connect a pc to my chip.

UPDATE: By using the linuxboot.cfg file for chimp 2.6 i am able to get into gentoox. I was able to use the ozxflash flash disc while seeing the screen. However, i am wasting discs trying to burn the bios.bin part correctly. Any advice or other methods would be welcome. Hopefully my troubles help someone else out in the future.
MrMajst3r

Re: Modchip bad flash please help!

Post by MrMajst3r »

You cannot flash your modchip, when you start console with mod disabled.

You have to start your console with any working modchip, run flashing software (HeXEn will do the job), hotswap modchip for broken Xecuter, select proper bios and hit Y.
captainsensation

MrMajst3r wrote:You cannot flash your modchip, when you start console with mod disabled.

You have to start your console with any working modchip, run flashing software (HeXEn will do the job), hotswap modchip for broken Xecuter, select proper bios and hit Y.

It isnt broken, i just have no bios, using flashx it erased before attempting to program and i didnt have the banks set for unprotect. I heard i can use a programmer but i was certain that there was a software type of thing i could pull off.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Just do what he said to do, it will work
captainsensation

GhostlyGamer wrote:Just do what he said to do, it will work
The problem is, at first i didnt really understand what he said. I couldnt find a place that sells that chip online anywhere. Please refer me to any that you know of. I did find a site that sells a 2.6 programmer and i think i may be able to use that to flash my chip.