Just paid for 2 chipped Xboxes

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
LudviG

Just paid for 2 chipped Xboxes

Post by LudviG »

Hi. I just paid for 2 new boxes, both chipped. The seller thought it was Xcecuter2 on both. Since I have never had chipped Xboxes before, I was wondering what I should do to get these ones up to date? What can I do and what should I do?

As I said, totally green on chipped ones.

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
Nextelhalo

Re: Just paid for 2 chipped Xboxes

Post by Nextelhalo »

It will depend on the chip. If they are X2's it should be easy enough to flash with X2_5035 and off you go.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Nextelhalo wrote:It will depend on the chip. If they are X2's it should be easy enough to flash with X2_5035 and off you go.
Ok, I will ask more when I start working on them then :)

Can I use rockys softmod extras to install dashboard and apps? Or does it work different with chipped boxes?

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Kinda depends on how the xbox's are setup when you get them. If the xbox is chipped with a non-retail bios you can probably just pop in a Hexen or Slayer's disc and re-flash the bios if needed and setup a new hard drive. Much much easier than having to jump through hoops with a softmod. Let us know what you end up with.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Nextelhalo wrote:Kinda depends on how the xbox's are setup when you get them. If the xbox is chipped with a non-retail bios you can probably just pop in a Hexen or Slayer's disc and re-flash the bios if needed and setup a new hard drive. Much much easier than having to jump through hoops with a softmod. Let us know what you end up with.
I will for sure, I will probably ask alot of questions when I get them and get the time to look at them. It will probably not happen before end of January. I have dad leave until then.