Xbox MS Dash Font

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Coldly-Indifferent

Xbox MS Dash Font

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Does anyone here know if one of the fonts used by the main menu of the MS dashboard and some UX embedded skins can be found as a TTF?

The font in question is the square one (not the logo 'font') which in the UnleashX UDATA folder 9e115330 is named a "Xbox14.xpr" and used for UX skins like NoShapesGreen etc.
MS Dash Font.jpg
UX Font.jpg
AFAIK there is no way to convert a font.xpr to a .ttf, so I'm a bit stuck unless the original font (if it exists) and can be identified. Of course I've been through hundreds of fonts on various web sites and used font ID tools but nothing even remotely like this can be found.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Xbox MS Dash Font

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Sorry to resurrect the thread but the font in question must surely be out there in TTF or OTF.

Recently I downloaded the PDF for the old Xbox Media Player which developed into XBMC4Xbox and the document uses it as the title font throughout.

Unless it is possible to use a .XPR font to create documents on a PC I can't believe the PDF was originally partially prepared on a Xbox, somehow doing it by copying in the text/resizing/emboldening etc using that ^ bitmap .XPR font.

As I said in the original post whilst you can use the Xbox font maker to make bitmap .XPR fonts from TTF/OTF fonts it can not, AFAIK, reverse the process. The evidence of its use in that XBMP PDF manual is surely further indication the original font was a TTF/OTF font and converted to bitmap .XPR for use on the Xbox.

Any new information about this font and where it can be found is welcome.