Can't run Xbox games in 4:3 after deleting cache

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Tim4885

Can't run Xbox games in 4:3 after deleting cache

Post by Tim4885 »

A few months ago I tried to ftp coinops 8 massive on my xbox and the transfer failed half way through. I decided to re download coinops 8 massive the other day and try again. I deleted the coinops 8 massive files on my xbox hdd from the previous transfer and then uploaded the the coinops 8 massive files that I recently downloaded. This time the ftp worked but when I loaded coinops 8 it would freeze as soon as the game selection screen loaded. I researched what could be causing coinops to freeze and someone on an isozone forum said to delete the contents of your cache folder if you had a previous install of coinops on your xbox. After I deleted the contents of my cache folder, coinops would load and not freeze as soon as it loaded but now I have two problems. I can scroll through the coinops 8 game list but a song plays as soon as the game list is loaded up and coinops 8 freezes as soon as the song finishes. Also, I can't get xbox games to load in 4:3 when they always had before. Now they just load in widescreen. I have adjust the official dashboard and unleashx settings so that the aspect ratio is set to "normal" but that doesn't make a difference.
professor_jonny

Re: Can't run Xbox games in 4:3 after deleting cache

Post by professor_jonny »

Are you sure you are not a result of incorrect bios/ cluster size causing corruption ?
Tim4885

Re: Can't run Xbox games in 4:3 after deleting cache

Post by Tim4885 »

I'm not sure if I have the incorrect bios/cluster size. Don't you need a tsoped xbox to change that stuff? I have a softmodded xbox.