Need help finding Skin for XBMC

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
immune

Need help finding Skin for XBMC

Post by immune »

Hello, just a simple question..

whats the name of this skin and where to get it ?

https://picload.org/view/rwippalw/img_1776.png.html

https://picload.org/view/rwippacr/img_1775.png.html

Thank you
XC-3730C

Re: Need help finding Skin for XBMC

Post by XC-3730C »

I can't tell at all what skin. The pictures are extremely blurry.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I'll have a look through my skin collection tomorrow but, likewise, I don't recognise it from those pictures.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

It’s Rapier, it’s in th skin section. It also maybe a modified version, but it’s been so long since I used it I can’t remember.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
immune

Post by immune »

Got it. Thanks for the replies guys 👍
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

As usual Rocky5 knows his stuff.

I'm 99% sure it is based on the Rapier Clarity Mod. Its certainly not vanilla Rapier and the Qualar and Elite mods don't have quite the same text backgrounds, they seem to use slightly more transparency and there are other significant differences too.

This how it looks on XMC4Xbox 3.5.3 in its commonly supplied form:-
Rapier Clarity Mod.jpg
The background must be a custom one replacing, I think, the Images > backgrounds: "background-system.jpg" and the Theme/Colours do not match any of those that came with my copy of the skin: Themes(1/4): Default (as shown), Lime, Orange, Crimson and Colours(1/6): Default (as shown). Lime, Orange, Crimson, Brown. Blue.

There is also some extra system info displayed at the top under the main header which the skin version I have does not include. So there is more to it than just an additional theme/colour and background image.

BTW the vanilla Rapier skin version I have has a small display problem. When exiting the Appearance > Skins screen if you use the 'B' button you'll end up with a blank screen but press it again you'll be back on the main menu. Just thought I would mention that if the OP decides to check out the other Rapier versions.
Last edited by Coldly-Indifferent on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Is there a skin repository or large collection available? Someone in another forum claimed he had 700 skins, but was unable to upload.
immune

Post by immune »

I will definitely try this skin once i've finalized my 2TB build soon. I asked the guy who made the pics about that skin but he didnt responded yet. Anyway this is really nice looking
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

immune wrote:I will definitely try this skin once i've finalized my 2TB build soon. I asked the guy who made the pics about that skin but he didnt responded yet. Anyway this is really nice looking
Funny, I am doing a 2TB build myself. I haven't decided on XBMC4XBOX (great interface, LCD support, love the wide icons), Or UnleashX (great array of themes, video previews, fast/stable FTP transfers)...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

immune

Post by immune »

Funny, I am doing a 2TB build myself. I haven't decided on XBMC4XBOX (great interface, LCD support, love the wide icons), Or UnleashX (great array of themes, video previews, fast/stable FTP transfers)...
For now i go with the confluence lite theme using the latest XBMC Build.
My build is almost finished. Just have to fix some things and i have to add about 250 thumbnails for all the stuff thats there. My Seagae HDD is 97% full now.

After im done i will try other skins for xbmc and see how that will look like. And i will definitely try this clarity rapier skin too