Looking for a UnleashX Skin (X Men 2)

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
toxicmedz

Looking for a UnleashX Skin (X Men 2)

Post by toxicmedz »

I'm really really hoping someone out there has this skin. I've been hunting for it for ages and this is the only proof I have that it existed.
It can be seen at the 2:10 minute mark in this video, Fully animated with a bootup video. I've tried reaching out to the original poster of the video and haven't heard much back.
If someone has this please share! Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulmImy_4Tqc
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Looking for a UnleashX Skin (X Men 2)

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I have getting on for 700 UnleashX skins archived and if I'd seen that I'm sure I would have remembered it. It's most unusual (unique?) having what I assume is a loading animation effectively morph into the main UX menu page.

If you find a source for it elsewhere I'd be interested too.
toxicmedz

Post by toxicmedz »

That dashes my hopes quite a bit thinking you have 700 skins and have never seen this one...

I did find contact info for the original poster of the video but it seems he will be impossible to reach until close to the end of this year.. Really hope somebody out there has that skin.
Last edited by toxicmedz on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote:I have getting on for 700 UnleashX skins archived and if I'd seen that I'm sure I would have remembered it. It's most unusual (unique?) having what I assume is a loading animation effectively morph into the main UX menu page.

If you find a source for it elsewhere I'd be interested too.
Do you mind sharing your skins?
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I don't have any way to share them and most are still quite easily found at certain other forums/web sites I probably can't mention although I know others here are regulars on several of them. Particularly if you look for things like SPPV's SID Babylon and old AID installers, they often come with plenty of Addon packs (including skins for other dashes too).

I recently downloaded another 30 or so many of which I hadn't seen before. I didn't even know they were on one of those other Xbox forums even though I've been going there for over a decade. Painfully slow it was to do though as they all had to be done individually unfortunately. They're easily found if you just Google "Original Xbox UnleashX skins" or "UnleashX Skin Packs" and variations on that and you'll almost certainly find most of the UX skins I have.

But believe me there are an awful lot of them you can really do without. Some are sleazy, in a bad way, and there's even one that uses the infamous, lousy quality, Paris Hilton oral sex video as a loading screen, yuk. I actually deleted that from my collection.

Many of the others are also half-finished, badly thought out (poor font and colour choices typically) and with second rate finish or even unusable in their original form. I have an occasional, very long term learning project, to edit all those skins so they're better than the original and especially to make WS versions as many of them were designed for 4:3 displays.

If I ever finish that, and there is still any interest in such things, I'll sort out a way to share them then.
Last edited by Coldly-Indifferent on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

@Coldly-Indifferent

Said this before, there are free hosting sites that don’t require signing up that you could upload to.

You can’t expect us to download 2GB files for a couple skins when you have them ready at hand.

Create a google drive account and upload them there, takes 2 mins to do.
( you never need use the account for anything else )
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5