XBOX power supply Q

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
mmz16x

XBOX power supply Q

Post by mmz16x »

Hi all im working on some systems that I just got in and majority wise all are 1.6 boards I was wondering if there is any difference in the PSU for 1.6 to 1.6b as I have tested 2 systems crossing power supplies and got smoke :P I cant find any reference to this answer via google so I decided to ask here thank you all for your time and I look forward to any help :P :)
Rocky5

Re: XBOX power supply Q

Post by Rocky5 »

No there is no difference between a v1.6 and v1.6b power supply.

There is a difference between v1.2 - v1.5 and v1.6 power supplies.

V1.6 has 5v on standby and v1.2 - v1.5 use 3.3v.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
kaos_engr

Re: XBOX power supply Q

Post by kaos_engr »

From the description by sickmods.net, there seems to be an err in the Delta 1.6 PSU diagram.

They mention that the white wire on the PSU connector in standby (STB) is at 0V and when you press the power button to turn on the Xbox this signal has 3.3V applied to it which goes to the power supply to turn it on. Then the blue line is to have 3.3V on it once the PSU is stable. But, the diagram shows there's 3.3V on the blue lead in both STB and ON conditions which contradicts their description. It states that there is only a 5V STB voltage (orange) no 3.3V STB with a v1.6 PSU so why is 3.3V listed in STB for the blue lead?

White is PowON signal and blue is PowOK. PowOK (blue) should not be OK (3.3V STB) until the power supply is stable; therefore, PowOK (blue lead) so should be 0V in STB until after the PSU has been signalled to turn on by application of 3.3V to PowOn (white wire).
Updated Xbox v1.6 Delta PSU STB voltage level based on operational description at sickmods.net
Updated Xbox v1.6 Delta PSU STB voltage level based on operational description at sickmods.net
I've not measured the STB and ON voltage levels at pin 10 - PowOK (blue) to verify this change.