Make iso from Xbox game on pc

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
LudviG

Make iso from Xbox game on pc

Post by LudviG »

This may be a stupid question, but I have never thought of it before because I have used dvd2xbox. But since my DVD drive is not working atm, I was wondering if there is some way to make iso from Xbox games on a pc? I would like to play some of the old games, but as I said DVD drive don't work atm.

Sent fra min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
sixties keith

Re: Make iso from Xbox game on pc

Post by sixties keith »

gxiso was the program i always used on the computer, so much quicker than the dvd4xbox tool, if you cant find it online you can over at the 'other' forum. i posted it up during the creation of the xbox section over there

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Thanks I'll try it :)

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

First glance, it seems like it is not reading DVD but isos. But either way I'll try it. Can I even read a Xbox DVD on a Windows computer? Maybe there is a tool for Linux?

Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Can you really just create XISO images from an original Xbox disc? I didn't think that was possible without a PC disc drive that could read Xbox discs, most don't and those that do require a firmware update too.

If you have the original disc and therefore want to keep it legal then there are plenty of places you can download Xbox ISO images or the extracted files for the game you own.

With ISO images you should use Qwix or C-Xbox Tool 2 to extract the ISO and then the content can be FTPed to the Xbox and played from the HDD.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Most places I find, is bugged linkes or dl limitations for isos. I don't know if there is possible to read a Xbox disc on a pc. That was why I asked.

I have used both programs you talk about, I often used Qwix since it extracts and frp to Xbox at one operation, even bulk upload.

Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I think sixties keith misunderstood that because, AFAIK, XISO is 'just' another Xbox ISO extractor. It won't allow you extract anything from an original Xbox disc on PC as the drive can't read it in the first place.

From my quick research and a few trials using virtual disc drives eg. MagicISO or Daemon Tools neither of those can help either for the same reason. You need a working Xbox DVD drive and if you have that and an original disc there's, of course, no reason to use a PC or anything else other than the DVD2Xbox app to rip it to the HDD.

There are some good sites out there which do try to keep on the legal side of (US) copyright law if that is a concern. I've no doubt this forum would be down on me like a ton of bricks if I did so I can't point you at a place for getting working Xbox ISOs.One I'm thinking of, used by by other people here too, also links to a lot of useful Xbox tools, skins, dashboards etc, very helpful now Xbox-Scene forums and some other original Xbox sites have died.
Last edited by Coldly-Indifferent on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Yeah, I think I must try to repair or change the drive :) maybe it just need a laser clean since there is a ghostcase mod on it.

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

yea sorry i misunderstood. just to let you know you can download plenty of iso's off of the internet. Not pointing to anything here just letting you know isos can still be found easily enough form a quick google search.

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

No problem. And I know I can dl, but like the possibility to do it the old way :)