Setting up the Xbox again

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
LudviG

Setting up the Xbox again

Post by LudviG »

Hi all. After a very busy time buying house, renovating house, getting a kid and so on, I finally got the old Xbox from the the cellar again. I love to see that this forum is still alive and kicking :)

I was by just wondering if anyone could be bothered to tell what I should update my box with. It is softmodded and haven't got any updates for at least 4 years. I was hoping to get the latest xbmc4xbox or kodi or what is it on called. Maybe mod it with a child friendly skin. Also, is there any good stuff for emus?

I know I can find all this info on here, but if someone that know it's stuff could tell me a bit I could save some time I guess. If not I will just have to read up, which I will do eventually either way.

Cheers

Alf John

Sent fra min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
spicemuseum

Re: Setting up the Xbox again

Post by spicemuseum »

LudviG wrote:I know I can find all this info on here, but if someone that know it's stuff could tell me a bit I could save some time I guess. If not I will just have to read up, which I will do eventually either way.
Have fun! ...and welcome back.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Thanks

Got the latest xbmc4xbox build on it now, and with some tools :) Then I was going to copy some of my games to the hdd, but sadly it seems like the optical drive won't work proper. Will have to get a replacement I think. But if I remember correct it need to be a certain drive to fit the ghost case mod, or I may be remembering wrong. Time for some Google :)

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Some pics of the setup. Work in progress. It's going to be a place for my daughter to see movies and so on, and for dad to play old games :) it's the spare bedroom with a sleeping couch in it. Double bed when needed :)

And a closer pic of the Xbox itself. Crystal ghost case with blue leds and blacked out components inside.

hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Nice :-)
Any Xbox drive will work ok ... Does it not just need cleaned or a new O ring maybe .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

I am not sure what it need. Will look into it when I get the time. Maybe the laser just need a cleaning? It moves and try to read, and sometimes reads partially. Går one game to start boot, but got stuck on the load screen.