how read original Xbox memory card on PC

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Tom M.

how read original Xbox memory card on PC

Post by Tom M. »

Yesterday I plugged my controller S to my Windows 10 32 bit laptop using Speedlink USB adapter. The gamepad is working great - I use XBCD drivers. But I could not read the memory card inserted in the controller. It is reported by Windows as an unknown device (pretty much the same address ID whatever as the controller) and apparently XBCD has no specific driver for it just the controllers no memory cards. I tried various system drivers such as USB device or hard drive but none of them works.

The only way I know that works is to ftp to Xbox. But if the controller can be plugged right to Windows why no memory card then?
whufclee

Re: how read original Xbox memory card on PC

Post by whufclee »

Been a long time since I used it but I think there's an old windows app you can install to access memory cards. Can't think of what it was called, there was something like c-xbox tool but I don't think it was that. If you look at my YouTube page there's some old guides on how to use a USB stick as a memory card for xbox, fairly sure that has all the details.

The YouTube page is /totalxbmc but you can also find the info on the noobsandnerds site. Sorry I'm only on phone at moment so unable to give proper advice /links

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
Spongy

Post by Spongy »

Make sure it's formatted for the xbox, then use "action replay for xbox" or Xplorer360 software.
Tom M.

Post by Tom M. »

But it is not recognized by Windows as a "storage" device. So how am I supposed to read it in a program? It is not seen in explorer at all.
Spongy

Post by Spongy »

Right click the "unknown device" in device manager and update the driver with the driver that comes with action replay. I think it's called maxdrive.