Wow, anyone tried this? heXEn DVD unmodded XBOX

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
simbin

Wow, anyone tried this? heXEn DVD unmodded XBOX

Post by simbin »

Check out these links, very interesting:
http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/postt26685.html
https://www.techbliss.org/threads/compl ... /#post-709

Seems possible with games, but what about heXEn? Could really simplify building new HDDs, especially TSOP.

I'm guessing we need to first spoof MS signed xbe like some PSP homebrew was.
Last edited by simbin on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky5

Re: Wow, anyone tried this? heXEn DVD unmodded XBOX

Post by Rocky5 »

It doesn't work, the media flag on the xbe must allow booting from DVDR. I spent a few days ripping and reripping a 1.1 copy of my Splinter Cell disc and wasted a crap load of disc for nothing.
( requires tools and kreon drive to do a 1.1 backup )

Basically you need the Godfather limited edition and it's demo xbe that has its flags set to boot from other media. You then use that to boot another unmodded xbe and you have a disc that boots on a unmodded system.

I bought myself a copy of this and the hulk ( as that game also has a demo that can run from DVDR ) but it didn't work, the Hulk didn't have the demo and nether did the godfather. So it must be a US only deal :/

Trying to get info from SPPV was like getting blood from a stone, but all in all it's a no go.

My point in doing this was to allow people without Splinter Cell could download the 8GB ISO and burn it and mod there system.

If this did work we wouldn't need to mod our systems anymore and it would have been every where.
( there was a big thread on Xbox-Scene about it with all the finding, but that's probably lost now :( )
Last edited by Rocky5 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
simbin

Post by simbin »

Bummer, I was almost excited for a second.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Rocky5 wrote:( there was a big thread on Xbox-Scene about it with all the finding, but that's probably lost now :( )
That's so crappy how x-s just dropped off. There was loads of unique information there that was nowhere else. Do you know the story behind what happened? Couldn't keep up with server costs?
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

you just have to look at archive.org.type xbox scenes url,last backed up oct 11 2016
kaos_engr

Post by kaos_engr »

Rocky5 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 am It doesn't work, the media flag on the xbe must allow booting from DVDR. I spent a few days ripping and reripping a 1.1 copy of my Splinter Cell disc and wasted a crap load of disc for nothing.

Basically you need the Godfather limited edition and it's demo xbe that has its flags set to boot from other media. You then use that to boot another unmodded xbe and you have a disc that boots on a unmodded system.

I bought myself a copy of this and the hulk ( as that game also has a demo that can run from DVDR ) but it didn't work, the Hulk didn't have the demo and nether did the godfather. So it must be a US only deal :/

Trying to get info from SPPV was like getting blood from a stone, but all in all it's a no go.

My point in doing this was to allow people without Splinter Cell could download the 8GB ISO and burn it and mod there system.

If this did work we wouldn't need to mod our systems anymore and it would have been every where.
( there was a big thread on Xbox-Scene about it with all the finding, but that's probably lost now :( )
Where is the "The Godfather The Game" demo xbe to be found?
What disc was it released on?

I find no reference to any demo released except to the press at E3 May 2005 -- never to the public.

And, find no special edition DVD movie release made around the time of the game's expected release date that would include an Xbox game demo.

Don't find reference to any OXM demo disc having The Godfather The Game playable demo, only the review of the game on Disc #57 May 2006 after the games release on 21 March 2006.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

kaos_engr wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:26 am
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 am It doesn't work, the media flag on the xbe must allow booting from DVDR. I spent a few days ripping and reripping a 1.1 copy of my Splinter Cell disc and wasted a crap load of disc for nothing.

Where is the "The Godfather The Game" demo xbe to be found?
What disc was it released on?

I find no reference to any demo released except to the press at E3 May 2005 -- never to the public.

And, find no special edition DVD movie release made around the time of the game's expected release date that would include an Xbox game demo.

Don't find reference to any OXM demo disc having The Godfather The Game playable demo, only the review of the game on Disc #57 May 2006 after the games release on 21 March 2006.
Haven't a clue, SPPV said the second disc of the godfather was pressed as a DVD and if you put it in the Xbox it would load a demo menu giving to the choices and all you had to do was replace the demos xbe file ( not the menu one that's loaded ) with unaltered game files.

Also Catch_2030 stated he had a burnt disc that also would play on unmodifed consoles, he no longer has it but there was a big debate on TIZ about it :lol:

Like you I could never find such thing, but SPPV did have a video on his YT showing it working, it's no longer up on YT mind.

Basically if you can find any DVD bonus disc that came with a demo menu on it that played on the Xbox.

I have the Hulk, doesn't have a demo on it I bought all the versions I could off eBay and I own the Star Wars collection. This has a demo but it's packaged inside a large xbe file that decompressed itself on load, so cannot modify it in anyway.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5