Re-signing Xbox game saves to different Xbox

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Koitsu

Re-signing Xbox game saves to different Xbox

Post by Koitsu »

I heard there's a program for this, but I don't know which one. It pretty much doesn't even matter with game saves except for PSO, DOAX and maybe Forza Motorsports, but I have my old PSO saves from a dead Xbox, and I'd like to revive them. I can't go back to the beginning. I know how to change the eeprom of a different Xbox to match my old Xbox, but it doesn't work on my current 1.6.
GoTeamScotch

Re: Re-signing Xbox game saves to different Xbox

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Edit - nevermind
(mods can delete)
Last edited by GoTeamScotch on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Only certain games require a resigner.
(when modified or transfered between Xboxs)

Forza and burnout 3 use your hdd key from your EEPROM to sign there saves, so that you cant transfer them between Xboxs.
(I'm sure there are a few others that do it)

Burnout 3 had a resigner, but its not needed anymore as there is a trainer that bypasses the check.

Forza still requires a signer though. ForzaSign Forza Motorsport Resigning Utility.
(it requires your old eeprom key & your new one to sign the save)

XSavSig can resign PSO.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Koitsu

Post by Koitsu »

I just tried it, but it doesn't seem to help. Have you used it? It seems to take a save file and change its signature into something else that doesn't work. It'll take the save file that actually works, and change it into one that doesn't work. I entered the HDD Key in the xbhddkey.ini, which changed nothing, and I then deleted the xbhddkey.ini altogether, which also changed nothng. I gotta say I don't get it.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Koitsu wrote:I just tried it, but it doesn't seem to help. Have you used it? It seems to take a save file and change its signature into something else that doesn't work. It'll take the save file that actually works, and change it into one that doesn't work. I entered the HDD Key in the xbhddkey.ini, which changed nothing, and I then deleted the xbhddkey.ini altogether, which also changed nothng. I gotta say I don't get it.
Does the version you have the entery for PSO in its ini file?

Or does it appear in the drop down list when you run the app.

And I haven't a clue if it works or not, I have PSO but I have never played it (other than the DC version) so can't say for sure.

OK try this.

1) Download "Non-XBL AuthKey Patcher" and patch your games default.xbe that's on your new xbox & play the game & create a save.

2) Now download "Xbox Save parser" and load your new (Non-XBL save) "PSO_SYSTEM" save into the program & put your new Xbox HDD Key into the box, the AuthKey box should have a key starting with "31A43F" this is the generic one that the patcher applys. Now select "Both Types" in the drop down menu next to the End Offset box. Now pick Parse Save.
(save folder is different when using Non-XBL AuthKey Patcher" just head to N in the list to find the save)

3) You should get a load of text in the bottom box insert this into the resign.ini file for xSavSig005 & resign your old save with these details to get it to work on your new Xbox.

Note: you will overwrite the new save on the Xbox hdd as the game now looks in that location for its saves.

Now I haven't clue if you have to sign characters saves.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
protivakid

Post by protivakid »

Rocky5 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:06 pm Only certain games require a resigner.
(when modified or transfered between Xboxs)

Forza and burnout 3 use your hdd key from your EEPROM to sign there saves, so that you cant transfer them between Xboxs.
(I'm sure there are a few others that do it)

Burnout 3 had a resigner, but its not needed anymore as there is a trainer that bypasses the check.

Forza still requires a signer though. ForzaSign Forza Motorsport Resigning Utility.
(it requires your old eeprom key & your new one to sign the save)

XSavSig can resign PSO.
Shot in the dark but care to elaborate on the "trainer that bypasses the check" for Burnout 3 Xbox Game Saves?

Also, with XSavSig005, is the formula for the calculation known so we could use it to get a HDDKey? Say get a new save from an xbox, reverse the calculation to get the HDDKey, and apply that key to re-sign an old save?