Fair cost for xbox consoles

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
sixties keith

Fair cost for xbox consoles

Post by sixties keith »

Hi all just wondering what you would think would be a decent price for an xbox console. Specifically the translucent green one which i think is the 1 year anniversary edition (looks similar to the halo one with no halo decals and xbox instead of halo on the controller)

Theres a fella selling on in my area so just wanted to know a sort of ballpark figure. It comes with the matching pad and the usual wires but no box etc

thanks for your info guys

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
xman

Re: Fair cost for xbox consoles

Post by xman »

I have not paid more than $30 for a 2nd hand stock Xbox for many years myself irrespective of colour but in saying that the place I got my last lot of faulty Xboxes sells working stock black machines for $60, green and crystals for $120. These come with controllers and stock cables and the disc players work. To me $30 is about all they are worth till they are modded but these guys do sell the machines at the price they are asking. I noticed they now have none in stock and could probably do with some of there faulty ones they sold me that are now all working back so they can sell them. Even if I sell them back at 1/2 the price they sell them for, I'll be a happy boy. Just about every one received a good blow out with my garden blow vac and a new DVDrive "O" ring, an external clean with "spray and wipe" and that was it.
RunsilenT

Post by RunsilenT »

Hi Keith,
I too have your problem but for me its people selling an xbox with every peripheral they own and game whether its Barbie Horse Riding etc.
I do understand people want the best deal for their old swag but a lot of the time I spend walking away as I never want to offend them and just because
I don`t want it at that price, someone else may. Even people I know inform others of how I mod xboxes which in itself inflates the price to me because
of the potential they now know it gives me. Basically offer what your happy with, at the end of the day its an xbox and does what all xbox`s do modded
or not. One other thing I`d say that you may disagree with. For some reason unknown to me prices in N.Ireland seem inflated, originally from Derry
myself i have family who could easy pick stuff up for me, its always at a higher price than UK mainland, maybe I`m just unlucky or completely wrong.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

thanks for the info guys, for me at least that version of console is very rare (at least here in northern ireland) even the crystal ones are few and far between now and basically no where sells them in Northern ireland apart from car boots and odd independent 2nd hand store

mainland does indeed seem to be a cheaper option than where i live but along with postage its still quite a high cost and as mentioned alot of people sell everything as a package with their xbox's

I knew the black and even the crystal wouldnt fetch as much ( i too mod alot of xbox's to sell on) but i assumed the green limited European one would have been quite abit more,but maybe im wrong?

The one above is the one im after, its unboxed but comes with the matching controller and the stock wires cheers i think all in its coming to a little less than £40

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

The green european xboxes are more rare than the Halo editions by a factor of ten (src wikipedia (reliable?)), however, they don't say "special edition" which as stupid as it sounds actually matters to people because it isn't as recognizable as something other than a "cool colored xbox" to non-collectors as as a result isn't as easily sold/bid on.

The price you listed of 40 euros seems like a good price, if not on the low side I think.

As far as reselling it goes, as long as you find a buyer that can appreciate the rarity of it OR if you are able to convey that sense of rarity and value then you could fetch a really good price for it if/when you go to sell. At least as much as the Halo edition I would expect. Depending on how crazy someone is over the fact that it's more rare, it could be even higher than a Halo box. Their value isn't really set in stone by any means so it all depends on what someone's willing to pay but for the price you listed, it sounds reasonable in my opinion.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!