slayer evox 2.7

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
colette2k

slayer evox 2.7

Post by colette2k »

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can help me I have a hard mod xbox that is running the original xbox dash and I can't seem to find a link that will work for slayer evox 2.7, if anyone knows a link that will work or anything that's just as good it would be greatly appreciated .
xman

Re: slayer evox 2.7

Post by xman »

colette2k

Post by colette2k »

thanks for the link! now I just need some help to make sure that this is the right process for burning to dvd-r, as it’s the first time and I am trying to learn.
I download the file from the link it saves a folder slayer2.7 with a small blue box with the letter R, I use 7 zip and unzip this folder and It saves another folder slayer2.7 , Now I open up Qwix 1.01 and put the folder I unzip in and click create ISO - It now saves another folder slayer2.7 and this folder has a small blue box with the letter I .
I open up cyberlink power2go which is burn software ,
, I click data disc (the data disc option lets you burn data files to a variety of disc types, select CD OR DVD, I click dvd and put in the folder with that small blue box with the letter I and click burn Is this right ? :?
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

No.

Use 7Zip to extract the three files from Slayers Evox 2.7 Final.rar.

One of these files will be SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.7FINAL.exe. Right click on it, then select 7Zip - Open Archive. It will ask you for a password - sevx2.7

This contains two files. The one you want is SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_2.7FINAL.iso. Extract this, then use DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 to burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower.

You only use Qwix if you are making your own Xbox iso from scratch.

Note that, while good, Slayers is now really old, and there may be better discs available depending on what you are trying to do.
colette2k

Post by colette2k »

Heimdall wrote:No.

Use 7Zip to extract the three files from Slayers Evox 2.7 Final.rar.

One of these files will be SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.7FINAL.exe. Right click on it, then select 7Zip - Open Archive. It will ask you for a password - sevx2.7

This contains two files. The one you want is SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_2.7FINAL.iso. Extract this, then use DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 to burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower.

You only use Qwix if you are making your own Xbox iso from scratch.

Note that, while good, Slayers is now really old, and there may be better discs available depending on what you are trying to do.
Thanks it did work! , I got a chipped xbox a few years ago now and it has an aladdin xt plus 2 in , the upgraded hdd packed in and know longer works and I never had any backup nor did I do the mod, but I have been learning a lot about the console mostly inside and about the dashboards , so I am trying to get the xbox back to where it was I mostly used it for downloading games , emulators , I would also like xbmc , what would you recommend? right now I am using the original Hdd and xbox dashboard.