Xbox controllers

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
nidge

Xbox controllers

Post by nidge »

Hi, anyone know why certain apps, only work with a genuine microsoft controllers?
What is the difference between an M$ one and a 3rd party one? :)
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
Nextelhalo

Re: Xbox controllers

Post by Nextelhalo »

Which apps Nidge? I've never run into the problem, even with Xmugen/Linux.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
nidge

Post by nidge »

Those two you mentioned for starters ;)
Xmugen Colleseium to be exact, when the Linux screen starts it list the controller as "usb.c not found" quite a few times? Then you cannot get past the select screen, because none of the contoller buttons register.
A wired Gamester controller I have works fine. But other 3rd party controllers give the error above?
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Hmmm, I've run into a similar problem on occasion but i've never been able to nail down what it was. Sometimes on the Linux boot screen it will say "controller jammed" and that scrolls down the screen. Usually a reboot will fix it but also, make sure there are no Mem cards installed in a controller or on the xbox. It's an odd deal, i've used a ton of third party controllers with no issues. I believe in Battle Coliseum there is a confing file that lists all supported XBOX controllers, you might be able to add it? Not sure but i'll take a look at the file.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

in Linux if you use an outdated config file with out the connected devices usb-id that can be a problem.

some china controllers also have a null usb-id (0x00000000)

Linux can have problems with un official because of that reason as it is more strict than the original bios/dash the Logitech wireless can have problems connecting also with out an official connected in another port in some instances something to do with the embedded usb hub in the receiver.

I know Logitech wireless controllers wont work with xblast os but will work somewhat with an official unit plugged in aswell.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Same thing with Chimp.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!