DVD2Xbox 0.7.8 R2 source code?

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
psyko_chewbacca

DVD2Xbox 0.7.8 R2 source code?

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

Hi,

Does anyone have the source code for DVD2Xbox version 0.7.8 R2? It seems to be the latest version but the most recent source code version I could find is 0.7.7 on SourceForge.
I did not see any source code archive of it on XBins...

Thanks.

Ben

EDIT: Well it seems the CVS repo on Sourceforge contains version 0.7.8 but I cannot find anything that could confirm it's R2...
toxicmedz

Re: DVD2Xbox 0.7.8 R2 source code?

Post by toxicmedz »

This wouldn't happen to be for another crazy feature for your already feature rich work in progress xblast would it? o.o
psyko_chewbacca

toxicmedz wrote:This wouldn't happen to be for another crazy feature for your already feature rich work in progress xblast would it? o.o
Haha, well it's to add proper XBlast LCD support in DVD2Xbox. XBlast LCD protocol is very close to SmartXX's one but I added the ability to On/Off the LCD's +5V source via software. Adding a XBlast LCD category will enable the homebrew software to toggle that power source independently from what's set in OS. This software controlled power source was put mainly to accommodate 1.6(b) Xbox consoles as they don't have a switched +5V source on LPC(it's powered even on standby).

It is also there because in order to make the Backlight and Contrast software control fit in the CPLD of the modchip (along with all other features), I had to cheat a little and code a PWM module that never truly outputs a 0% duty cycle. When you ask for a 0% duty cycle on either backlight or contrast settings, the modchip will actually output a duty cycle of around 1.6%. Even with such low duty cycle, the LEDs of the backlight on some LCD do shine very faintly (hardly noticeable in a moderately lit room).

For people who wants zero light emission from their LCD, disconnecting the +5V source from the LCD was the only solution I could think of short of removing features on the XBlast. The only down side of this is that you cannot print text on the LCD without a very faint/dim backlight on some LCD. But I don't see many cases where that could be a problem.

I've already done the software implementation for it in XBMC4Xbox, I just need to discuss a few things with the devs. I've added the ability to turn off the LCD upon exiting XBMC4Xbox in the LCD settings page. I would like to have some thoughts on it. There's also the question of language translation for the new text this feature brings. I can write it down for English, French and Spanish (though I'm not that skilled in Spanish) but other languages will need their own translation and the only thing I can do is use Google Translate!
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I got told off for using google translate for some german text on the wiki I maintain, I was told it was more confusing than English for some of the native German speakers :-)
psyko_chewbacca

professor_jonny wrote:I got told off for using google translate for some german text on the wiki I maintain, I was told it was more confusing than English for some of the native German speakers :-)
Well, I'll leave the translation up to others then! At least I think it will show up in english for languages without proper translation.

I contacted WiSO, the admin of the repo on Sourceforge and he told me the code in the CVS repo is the latest as far as he knows. I hope he means it's 0.7.8 R2 and not 0.7.8 R1 because there doesn't seem to be any mention of R2 in it.
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

professor_jonny wrote:I got told off for using google translate for some german text on the wiki I maintain, I was told it was more confusing than English for some of the native German speakers :-)
Yes using Google Translate can turn real ugly in German, I tried it once whilst I was there ... I dont think she liked me much after that :(
psyko_chewbacca wrote:Does anyone have the source code for DVD2Xbox version 0.7.8 R2?
Try asking the guys at Eurasia.nu... You can find them on EFNET #eur