1TB HD Upgrade

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
bhoyo

1TB HD Upgrade

Post by bhoyo »

Hi All,

Struggling to upgrade my xbox (v1.4) to an 1TB HD,I have done a few 160GB with no problems.
So it's been softmodded with the splinter cell exploit & I'm trying to hot swap using chimp ,worth noting at this point that the chimp files work with no problems up to a 250 GB HD so far in my experience.Havent tried any others as never needed to ?

The 1TB HD is a Sata Western Digital WD10EZEX (75m2na0) according to the HD compatibility chart this should work OK however no one has added in this model number yet,also tried a seagate HD and the same problems occurred. Struggling to find out how you set the new HD to slave with the jumper settings ?
Also using IDE to Sata conversion boards bought off ebay recommended by someone else on this forum.

After starting chimp and plugging in new HD the screen just freezes yet no problems doing an 160GB

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Rocky5

Re: 1TB HD Upgrade

Post by Rocky5 »

The slave pins will be part of the adapter you're using.
(Show image of adapter?)

As for formating, use XBPartitioner 1.3 or Chimp 2618.
(Chimp - Option 8 - Select desired option - Option 8 - Option 4 & check cluster size is correct)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
bhoyo

Post by bhoyo »

Serial ATA SATA to PATA IDE 133/100 Adapter Converter UK EU

Description of adaptor bought from eBay above.

When I formatted the HD On my laptop I'm sure it was formatted in FAT ex ( I think)

Chimp just freezes at the "blender icon" so can't go any further

Cheers
Attachments
image.jpg
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

You will need to bridge two solder pads on the right hand side of that image, there should be a jumper setup there, but it's not present.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
bhoyo

Post by bhoyo »

Any ideas where I can get one that's manufactured properly ?

Do you have an image of how it should look ?

Lastly is this just a poor quality one that I've bought or is this how they come ?

Cheers
xman

Post by xman »

My adapters, that are different to your ones, have the two jumper links on some and not others. It doesn't really matter on my ones because no link at all on them means "cable select". The upper link in place means "master" and the lower link in place means "slave". I set all my machine irrespective of HDD type or size at "cable select". Have a close look at your one near the link location and see if you can see MR or SL written on the board. Yours may be like mine where no link at all is actually what your after.
bhoyo

Post by bhoyo »

Hi All,

So found other adapters with slave & master on them and set them up,chimp runs through the process but when I scan for devices it only has info for HDA and HDB has no info ?

Tried another hard drive also 1TB and this one was recognised...... Cloned ok but when fired up the xbox it came up with error 13.

When I cloned the one that worked I set F & G drives to be split evenly,is there something I need to to do with cluster sizes ?

Cheers