What price for a modded Xbox ?

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
onthatB0MBSHELL

What price for a modded Xbox ?

Post by onthatB0MBSHELL »

Hi,
Have soft modded a few xboxes in my time and also upgraded the HDD , max so far 320GB mainly because I've yet to find a working SATA to IDE adapter.
Have 4 boxes running at home and a few out to family.
Have been asked recently by others that have seen the boxes how much Id charge to build one for them, so I'm asking you guys as a guide what would you charge for this.
The few i have have done I usually include CoinOps4 a selection of movies and music albums and a few Xbox games.
What you think?
Nextelhalo

Re: What price for a modded Xbox ?

Post by Nextelhalo »

It depends on how nice you are :D I like to spread the wealth when ever i sell a box or build one for someone, i only charge 20-30$ and make them provide the hard drive and xbox.
Also consider if your using a chip or softmodding like your used to, chips cost alittle cash, i always charge people the cost of the chip and no more. That's just me really, I've not
seen enough buyers anymore to warrant a high charge to make some money but that's your call. If your selling an xbox already setup with a big drive and what not then you can
pick the price depending on the person. I never charge friends or family and but i kinda feel out my buyers to see how they are. People that dont really give a shit and just want one
are going to pay alittle xtra, hard core gamers that love emulation get a break and a few bonus's (plus online tech support ;) ).

Here is an example for you, i had a guy respond to a CL add i put out selling a few xbox's. His name was Ernie and seemed like a mild soft spoken dude...but when he showed up to pick
up the xbox's things changed pretty quick. Ernie rolled up in a fully restored DeLorean with a tweaked motor, replica hover board, replica and working flux capacitor. To top it off he opens
the hood (trunk in those) and whips out two silver brief cases with a pair of replica Ghostbuster's ECTO Goggles and replica(heavy) ghost trap. This totally changed things since i knew these
xbox's were going to a good person that would take care of them and really use/love them. Instantly gave him a price break but I made him let me take pics with me and a buddy of mine in the
car. I never thought I'd be able to sit in one of those, especially with all the goodies that i remember beeing amazed by as a kid. Sorry, rant done.
My buddy DJ, he flew over to my place when found out a DeLorean was there, he was like a kid in a candy store!!!
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
onthatB0MBSHELL

WOW! Man that is awesome some great pics there, hope I'm a fraction as lucky as that with any potential customers I may get.
thanks for sharing.
yeah not in it to make any huge profits just a small return for my time and materials, people who have shown interest is mainly Mums looking it for their kids. So I would have to source all boxes and drives.
U
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

If your going to sell them a fully built xbox you should charge alittle xtra since your doing all the gathering of items and spending the time to mod it and set it up with good'ol XBMC. I have a soft spot for kids though, if a parent show's up with one I almost want to just hand the xbox to them and tell them no charge, my way of giving back and making someone's day. Easy to do with a stock softmodded xbox with a few Emu's.

My apologies for kinda thread jacking with that story and pictures.

NEX
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
onthatB0MBSHELL

Nextelhalo wrote:If your going to sell them a fully built xbox you should charge alittle xtra since your doing all the gathering of items and spending the time to mod it and set it up with good'ol XBMC. I have a soft spot for kids though, if a parent show's up with one I almost want to just hand the xbox to them and tell them no charge, my way of giving back and making someone's day. Easy to do with a stock softmodded xbox with a few Emu's.

My apologies for kinda thread jacking with that story and pictures.

NEX
Are you sure you're not Santa Claus? ;)
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Since there is no Santa Claus someone has to actually "give" gifts, why not let it be a sweet modded xbox :D
Debug kit untouched
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Love the pictures!!!! I saw an xbox on the xecuter forums with a flux capicaator on the case it was quite cool but a proper delorian with the factory stainless steel body work intact is definaly worth bosting rights to your buddies.
id give that man an xbox just for being the man!!

I did back in the day sell lots of xbox's for a bucket load's of cash but now I sell them for the cost of the chip and a few bucks it is more of a hobby to pay for gadgets and beer money. if they want to upgrade the hdd ill sell it to them at cost plus a few bucks to copy across the goodness.
onthatB0MBSHELL

Nextelhalo wrote:Since there is no Santa Claus someone has to actually "give" gifts, why not let it be a sweet modded xbox :D
What you mean "no Santa Claus" :cry:
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Nextelhalo wrote:Since there is no Santa Claus someone has to actually "give" gifts, why not let it be a sweet modded xbox :D
According to the multiverse theory, there are an infinite amount of universes, with infinite possibilities. This means that half of those DO have a Santa Claus, and that means that atleast 2 have a Santa that can travel between dimension, and one of those CAN travel to our demension/universe, and the other cant travel to ours, but can travel to others. That means that there is a Santa, to give us gifts.
onthatB0MBSHELL

GhostlyGamer wrote:
According to the multiverse theory, there are an infinite amount of universes, with infinite possibilities. This means that half of those DO have a Santa Claus, and that means that atleast 2 have a Santa that can travel between dimension, and one of those CAN travel to our demension/universe, and the other cant travel to ours, but can travel to others. That means that there is a Santa, to give us gifts.
Phew! Thank you for that, only 105 days to go :D
xman

Post by xman »

I'm just making 2 machines for 2 different customers. They are chipped no flubber machines. They are both loaded meaning, (there isn't much HDD space vacant ;) )Both are stock machines with no mods other than large button is ON OFF and Blue / red LEDs. One is a 500GB IDE HDD and I sold it for $200 and the other is a 1TB sata HDD and I sold it for $300. Both HDDs are brand new. One wired controller for each as with an AVI video cable and power cable.

@ Nex, nice deal sir. How much you reckon you'd charge Willie as in your mate Willie Nelson?. Maybe a combo deal as in T.V. Xbox combo for his pool area. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I would ask Willie for a trade, box for some "lumber" if you know what i mean. He's getting old man, the last show he did here a few weeks ago, he had to have someone help him on and off stage, think he' s pushing early 80's according to his ranch hand. Still rockin good music though.
Debug kit untouched
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

GhostlyGamer wrote:According to the multiverse theory, there are an infinite amount of universes, with infinite possibilities.
If the possibilities are infinite, then a subset (also infinte) of those possibilities is that Santa Claus does exist, and in another infinite subset he simultaneously does and doesn't exist, and all possibilities between. More importantly, in zero to infinity minus one of those universes Nextelhalo is wrong. ...and right, ....and both wrong and right. ....and for that matter, neither wrong nor right.

And I'm not going to place any bets on this universe being (or not being) one of those.