Xbox on laptop screen

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Ging3rguy

Xbox on laptop screen

Post by Ging3rguy »

Hi, I want to use my laptop as a screen for my xbox, so when it's in bits on the kitchen table I can check if things are working or in my case not! :cry: Can anyone recommend a screen capture device that runs off of a usb, not fussed about sound but it would be nice and the software to run it. ;)
nidge

Re: Xbox on laptop screen

Post by nidge »

Google this "usb video capture" :)
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
Ging3rguy

Post by Ging3rguy »

nidge wrote:Google this "usb video capture" :)
Okay, but are all usb video capture devices equal? Have you used one you would recommend? :)
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Ging3rguy wrote:
nidge wrote:Google this "usb video capture" :)
Okay, but are all usb video capture devices equal? Have you used one you would recommend? :)
Obviously the answer to that is relatively simple; whilst there are many vehicles and models and accomplish the same task of getting you from point "A" to point "B", they are not all made same... same with electronic devices and software. It all boils down to what you need the device for, and how much you are willing to spend.

I got a cheap usb device from ebay at $15 (US) and while it's not HD or anything, it displays sound and video just fine... mind you, sound is not great for everyday use and video is standard, at best; but for recording something simple, it does the trick. That being said, i would not use it to record anything fancy, even if I wanted to. By contrast, there are some devices that are $70 (US) and up that will record HD.

Again, it all depends on your purpose and wallet.

- Dom DXecutioner
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Also if you plan on playing games, you better cancel that project right away...
As most capture cards (specially cheaper ones) will introduce delays that will most likely make any games unplayable.