are these features available unleashx/coinops/mp3

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
scooterthedj

are these features available unleashx/coinops/mp3

Post by scooterthedj »

Help and advise needed here,

Over many years I have self taught out of interest only on modding and soft modding the xbox for friend who want all the emulators. I have just got hold off one that had some sort of xecuter 2 chip on the board, it had a fault HDD that I swapped out for a 250GB. I still had my collection of slayer ,aid and hexen at hand, ftp program fat-x renamer and the latest xbmc 3.5.

I maintain a machine for someone who is doing a custodial sentence and I get the xbox on occasions though a friend. My problems are

1, the xbox boots to unleashx and play a random song at boot up selected, Is this feature available some how in xbmc if I was going to have xbmc as the boot dashboard.

2, I have just become aware of coinops, I have just this minute added this as a source and when I go to XBMC/EMULATORS THE shortcut is there, (only took me best part of 2 two). One question, when browsing on the internet for coinpops there were loads of versions and release packs, Is it possible to add roms to the coinops file structure or do I have to go and download a coinops file that much larger than what coinops 6 lite is.

I would also like to make this setup as idiot proof as possible, turn on, play music, can menus items be disabled so that the user cant change setting and then turn around and say it broken or messed up.

Thanks for reading and I will appreciate any tips
professor_jonny

Re: are these features available unleashx/coinops/mp3

Post by professor_jonny »

Xbmc4xbox has the option to load a playlist on startup same as unleash has.

You have the option of using a kid proof skin or setting a master lock code, to make it some what idiot proof, but I usually find the standard skin suitable with a password on the system menu.

You can find official coinops downloads on back-ups.me if you are after help for coinops I suggest on the coinops forum.

There are lite mega standard etc... builds of coinops that include roms etc and you wont have to mess around figuring out how to add roms and trailers, coinops is not really a welcome topic here I suggest you look on theri official forums for help.
Rocky5

Re: are these features available unleashx/coinops/mp3

Post by Rocky5 »

I made a skin/Python scripts to lock down my kids Xbox's so they can change anything important.
(located in my sig)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5