Boot softmodded xbox directly into xbmc

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
tim619

Boot softmodded xbox directly into xbmc

Post by tim619 »

Is it possible to boot a softmodded xbox directly into xbmc without go the way (which takes 5 extra seconds) over evox/ux,
I mean mine is set up using aid 4.5 which boots in evolutionx lets the screen black and than boots xbmc's default.xbe
spicemuseum

Re: Boot softmodded xbox directly into xbmc

Post by spicemuseum »

tim619 wrote:Is it possible to boot a softmodded xbox directly into xbmc without go the way (which takes 5 extra seconds) over evox/ux,
I mean mine is set up using aid 4.5 which boots in evolutionx lets the screen black and than boots xbmc's default.xbe
I haven't used AID for years, but when I did use it I always set up to direct boot to XBMC. I'm sure it's one of the significant menu items, so load up your AID disc and have a rummage.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Look in my sig & read the description, should only take you 20mins all in. (That downloading & burning the ISO & upgrading)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Thanks I'll give that a try :D

btw: will it load E:\XBMC\default.xbe I saw on your video it uses some special path like E\Dashboard ?!
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

tim619 wrote:Thanks I'll give that a try :D

btw: will it load E:\XBMC\default.xbe I saw on your video it uses some special path like E\Dashboard ?!
No it uses 2 paths.

C:\Dashboard\
E:\Dashboard\

If you want to use your XBMC, all you need to do is rename its folder ie, E:\XBMC to E:\Dashboard & delete the Dashboard folder from C:\

Or you can just use the disc to install a clean copy of XBMC 3.5 beta 4 or 3.3.3 stable.

There is also features to move dashboards about, in the NKPatcher Settings, these are handy if you want to free up some space on E & move your dashboard folder to C (C is the default location I install to since its a free 485MB partition)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
SquirlKiller

Post by SquirlKiller »

I don't know if it's on this sites wiki, but on the old xbmc4xbox's wiki there was a little guide to download an xbe, which looked at a .cfg file for the location of the xbmc executable (pr whatever other xbe specified). If you'd like, I can up the shortcut .xbe
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Thanks for your answers. I already tried shortcut makers for xbmc many times (also different ones) and always got error 13 and had to re-softmod. Because of this I stayed on solution over evox/ux because it was the only one for me that boots (more or less) directly into xbmc having a softmod. Nevertheless I will try again what you guys mentioned ;)

edit: fixed! I used TEAM UIX shortcutmaker and repaced c:\evoxdash.xbe. I think my error on the previous trys was that I replaced xboxdash.xbe :oops: Thanks again for your answers :)
nonosabes

Post by nonosabes »

Here you got a few shortcuts. Just upload them to your HDD it will search E/APPS/XBMC/ for boot XBMC or edit the config file to your needs. https://mega.co.nz/#!wARjVQCR!_TT-Am-rT ... t9DGYFsrBk