COINOPS4 Problem

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
heyskull

COINOPS4 Problem

Post by heyskull »

Well after God knows how many days downloading, Over a day unRARing and over 2 days ftping back to the XBOX.
I finally have COINPS4 installed..............but it doesn't work!!!!!!
When first running CO4 it does a load of searches for games etc. and then comes onto the opening screen with all the demo videos.
All of these you can scroll through (gosh their are a few to choose from!) but when finally selecting anyone of these it locks up and eventually goes to a blank screen!
PLEASE HELP what have I done wrong?

Thanks
SC
whufclee

Re: COINOPS4 Problem

Post by whufclee »

I'm thinking you may have a problem with your hdd, not sure why it took 2 days to ftp - using 10x simultaneous connections in UnleashX (and using 10x in Firefox) I just ftp'd 80gb in about 3 hours. Even before I found out about using 10x connections for ftp'ing coinops it still only took around 8 hours I think (I just left it overnight and it was done in the morning).

If you go to options there is something you can disable which may help - says something about disabling if you encounter long loading times. What size is your xbox hdd and is it partitioned to the correct cluster sizes?
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I agree with the Whuf, it was an overnight transfer when I did CO4 and that was last weekend.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
heyskull

Post by heyskull »

Hi

I have a 200GB and it works perfect before it was installed it was checked for errors etc and it is a good un.
I FTP'd it over using Flash FXP.
I do not know how to turn it upto X10.
I have unleash X

That is not the problem though.
Why does it not work?
I read somewhere that their was something that had to be deleted or added is this correct?

Thanks
SC
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

No since Coinops4 you no longer need to add the gamesave, it should just work right out of the box. Sorry I really don't know what to tell you - maybe go to your gamesaves and delete the Coinops ones and see if that helps at all. Might need to just ftp over again if all else fails - could be some sort of corruption somewhere along the line.

FYI, to get 10x connections just load up UnleashX and go to settings and change users from 2 to 10 (it's in the network section), save that and then reboot the xbox and load up UnleashX again. Use Filezilla rather than FlashFXP (it's free and I personally find it works better), it's basically the same to use as FlashFXP. Go to Edit>Settings>Transfers and set maximum to 10, now go to filetypes and change to "binary" - there is a chance this could be what went wrong in the first place, it may have been using ASCII.
restless

Post by restless »

I transferred almost 300GB Of coinops roms and stuff with the packs in less time than that
heyskull

Post by heyskull »

Hooray it's sorted!
I just was not waiting long enough for the games to load!!!!......What a numpty :lol:
I have now upped the speed to 10x connections and now it is super fast.

A little question I realise you can add more games to coinops4.
I have download some playstation (PSX) games but when I copy them into romsConsoles and add a empty zip file of the same name after rescaniing it doesn't find them.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
SC
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

How in the hell is this xbmc4xbox related?
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Thread moved. Please post in correct sections. Thanks.
heyskull

Post by heyskull »

Sorry I never realised it was posted in the wrong section!
heyskull

Post by heyskull »

Anyone help with this:-

A little question I realise you can add more games to coinops4.
I have download some playstation (PSX) games but when I copy them into romsConsoles and add a empty zip file of the same name after rescaniing it doesn't find them.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
SC