X 3 ce chip help (solved)

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
servox

X 3 ce chip help (solved)

Post by servox »

Can anyone give some help in fixing a xbox with X 3 ce chip? it is a 1.6 upgraded hdd. i have tried all the suggested settings for the switches on the front and checked the chip its self. pressing the white button when starting does nothing. i checked the pcb rebuild board on the bottom of the mobo and all the solder looks ok including the d0 point. from what i have read that is the problem a lot but looks ok. the xbox just frag's no retail dash or other dash. not even the cromwell dash shows up. no matter what i try it does nothing.
Any help would be great. thanks in advance.
Last edited by servox on Mon May 19, 2014 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little.
clabs

Re: X 3 ce chip help

Post by clabs »

What colours does it frag, buddy? Could be a good pointer to what is wrong.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

clabs wrote:What colours does it frag, buddy? Could be a good pointer to what is wrong.
F.R.A.G (Flash Red And Green)
clabs

Post by clabs »

GhostlyGamer wrote: F.R.A.G (Flash Red And Green)
Thanks buddy and you are probably right. It is just that over the years I have often seen the term FRAG used to describe any combination of colours on a box that will not boot. Sooo - just checking :)
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Have you tried using a separate chip? Checked for broken traces or solder splashes?
servox

Post by servox »

Well i came to the conclusion that the xbox that has the chip is not working any more. so got a xbox from a friend. he said it was a soft mod that went wrong when he tried to set xbmc as the boot bash. so i ran xboxhdm 1.9 to get the m$ dash back. yay its fixed! i then placed the x 3 ce in that box and... sweet the chip is working. but now i need to figure how to get the hdd from the xbox that was bad in the one i just put the x 3 in because its a 120 gb with a bunch of stuff on it. and the dvd drive to because i think it is a pc dvd drive.
yes i mean the true frag (flashing red and green).
servox

Post by servox »

making some progress and progress is good.
servox

Post by servox »

Ok i realised that almost everything i need is already there. i just need a dash for the chip to boot to. found out how and where to get that.
i can ftp to the xbox, but i'm not sure where to put the dash at. i found the where the original dash is and a few other folders that are not familiar with. i have a few softmods but it's a bit different.
Can someone help out?
servox

Re: X 3 ce chip help (solved)

Post by servox »

Alright i took a guess and turns out it worked. what i did was jumped on my softmod and looked around. i saw that the original and the evox was in the same place. the dash is unleashed not evox not sure why but ok.
when back to the xbox with the x3 chip and placed the avalaunch files there was two for the dash and a media file in where the original xbox dash was. like in my softmod. yay it worked!
So now it boots m$ on power and avalaunch on eject. :)