Used Chimp, killed both HDDs

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Marshmallow

Used Chimp, killed both HDDs

Post by Marshmallow »

Greetings folks,

So, to keep a long story brief, I purchased a softmodded xbox a while back, but it only had a stock HDD. Until recently, I didn't have a spare, got a 160 GB Maxtor and set about cloning the data from one to the other. I followed the processes outlined in Chimp (specifically, this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9DR55bvx8 )

After I'd finished, the HDD booted up fine on the first try, even got Fable TLC copied successfully, started to run it, worked fine. With a yell of glee, I fetched my discs, shut off the XBOX, went to reboot, and it only went and froze on the XBOX screen. A little puzzled, I restarted it, got the same result.

Booting it with a disc loaded seems to run the game, however it can't load up any dashboard. What's worse, this seems to have afflicted the initial HDD as well. I plugged in the original and as I type this, I simply see the XBOX screen without the Microsoft bit at the bottom. This means that I (obviously) cannot restore and start over. Is there any way I can fix this? Or will I need to start this whole process from the very beginning (assuming I can unlock and wipe the drive)

I've had a brief look around, mostly people who've had this have been told "lol illegal mods got wut u desrvd" or "wipe and start over", but seemingly no resources on this process. Anyone willing/able to help me out on this?
Marshmallow

Re: Used Chimp, killed both HDDs

Post by Marshmallow »

Most perturbatory,

Seems I may have spoken too soon, as now both HDDs are successfully booting up for the moment.
mrmajikbus45

Re: Used Chimp, killed both HDDs

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

In my signature is a link to the thread in the Tutorials section about Chimp.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
2 Bunny

DITTO Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

Marshmallow wrote:Most perturbatory,

Seems I may have spoken too soon, as now both HDDs are successfully booting up for the moment.
I had that problem too a few weeks ago. The general consensus is that the Xbox is afraid of spring and sometimes just doesn't want to boot. Mine too works just fine now as if nothing ever happened.