General questions

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
AllahGodoXbox

General questions

Post by AllahGodoXbox »

Are there any games can the original xbox play online if so what games are they and how I go about setting up a new gamer tag. To play them. Also what is the best program for ISO image burn dis juggler Nero DVD decrypter? Also if I want to FTP a xbox game how do I do that like do I break a ISO down or those are different game downloads. As of 2014 what are all the must have a original modded xbox should have
mrmajikbus45

Re: General questions

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Xbox LIVE is dead for the original xbox. Has been since 2009. If you want to play online, look up xlink kai and there's another one that I'm forgetting the name of currently. I've been up a half hour, sorry.

I use imgburn to burn all my images. Make sure that you do it at 4x or slower for a proper burn.

I use Qwix on my PC to unpack the iso into a folder structure. It's stupid easy to use. After that, create a folder on your Xbox (i.e.: E:\Games, F:\Games, G:\Games) to place the folders. You will need a larger HDD. Then use XBMC to add a source for games to point at the directory that you created. Hope this helped.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
AllahGodoXbox

Post by AllahGodoXbox »

I bought my modded xbox from eBay is there anyway I can switch his gamer tag or make a new one
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

No. Again, xbox live is non-functional for original xboxes anymore.
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/change-name.php
But as mrmajikbus45 told you twice, original Xbox Live is dead since 4 years.
http://kotaku.com/5464818/microsoft-no- ... -xbox-live
AllahGodoXbox

Post by AllahGodoXbox »

I understand there's no more xbox live but if I want to play a game online use xlink kai do I really need a gamer tag if so could I use a old one from back in the day how do I to about playing online
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Way off topic of Xbmc4xbox General Help and Support forum category.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

thread moved.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Google xlink kai. It will tell you how it works. From here, Google is your friend.
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
SPPV

Post by SPPV »

Also and just saying, but look into your mod, IE is it a hard mod or soft. And if which ever case is it what you want. Before you worry about games and that kinda stuff worry about your XBOX making it the nextr few years etc. If you are hard mod Im out, if its softmod then I seriously suggest you hit me up so you can shore that sucker up
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

SPPV wrote:Also and just saying, but look into your mod, IE is it a hard mod or soft. And if which ever case is it what you want. Before you worry about games and that kinda stuff worry about your XBOX making it the nextr few years etc. If you are hard mod Im out, if its softmod then I seriously suggest you hit me up so you can shore that sucker up
I'm trying to interpret exactly what problem you are alluding to, and what remedial action you are proposing to solve that problem. And I'm afraid I'm not getting very far.
SPPV

Post by SPPV »

What Im saying is before worrying about things like gamertags its a good idea to get a handle on your hardware. Find out what youre running so can fix it and make sure its up to date. Its not a good idea to run with your eyes closed :D Last thing a guy needs is to buy an XBOX on ebay and find out the hard way it was an old ass mod by trying to play online and over writing his mod. Which in this case seems like a real possibility since hes asking about Live and playing online.

I just phrased my post badly so the message didnt come across right. My bad.