Xecutor 3

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
nidge

Xecutor 3

Post by nidge »

Hi can anyone help? I`m having all sorts of problems with my X3 modded xbox. XBMC4XBOX is not the start-up dash, this is EvoX.
The sympton are graphics slowing down. Slow FTP transfer, it sometimes times out!
The graphic slowdown is most noticable on some games, DOA is one that is the worst, where you choose which character to play. Two rows come in from each side of the screen, but, they take forever they are so slooow :(
If I take the HD out and but it in my other Xbox, with an AKIRA modchip, I think? It works with no problems.
I am not sure if I have the BIOSes set up correctly, I cannot get to the X3 setup screen? Although the Xbox boots up and displays the "Xecutor Rocks My Box" logo?
Or is it a hardware fault with the Xbox itself?
Just wondering if there is anyone on this forum that lives on the Norfolk (UK) coast, that could have a look at my setup for me?
Tea/Coffee and biscuits will be supplied :)

Thanks
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
Nextelhalo

Re: Xecutor 3

Post by Nextelhalo »

Have you taken a look at the temperatures on the xbox after you play a game? EVOX should report temps on the home screen depending on the skin your using. If you want to get into the X3 chip just hold down the white button on the controller when the xbox boots up. Once it hangs at the X screen with "xecuter rocks my box" logo let go of the white button and it should pop up the OS for the X3. While your in there make sure your fan setting is at 20% or better to try and rule out heat issues.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

check you have the correct lba48 options set in x3 config live for your hdd.
if you change the options this can happen if you dont have an ondisk partitoion table.

it can also happen if your hdd is not so good.

if you run the x3 erace program it might let you boot to x3cl, there is a known bug if you accidently set a passcode on the latest x3 bios it will lock you out no mater what you do, it will wipe the x3's eprom resetting the settings letting you back in.

an x2 bios will load with rox my box if you have the logo on c drive you are booting from the x3 bios using banks 1-4 or 4-8?
nidge

Post by nidge »

Hi, Just to fill you in on what I have tried so far... pressing & holding the white button when booting up does nothing, I cannot get into X3 config!
Using banks 1-8 (2mb) for X3, the only one that seems to work, I have had BIOSes loaded in the 256mb, 512mb & 1mb banks before, but none seem to work properly.
Tried using a 160gb HD, the one that was in the xbox when I bought it was a 120gb. Same results...
Just tried using a stock 8gb HD, and loading DOA3 from DVD, the same slow down? It takes about 5 minutes to get into the game itself, however after that the game will run at the correct speed?
It does tend to freeze on the dashboard (XBMC4XBOX 3.1) with the 160gb installed.
Temperature, after trying to play DOA3, CPU 40c GPU 43c.

I`m thinking must be the X3 or Xbox mobo faulty? Maybe the X3 isn`t installed correctly, I bought it with it already fitted? It lights up blue, and the front switches appear to work. Powering on by holding in the power button when booting will make the front and X3 LED go red, but the Xbox doesn`t boot. Pressing eject/ power to boot up will make the X3 LED go purple and I get the FlashBIOS 3.0.0 screen, this is what I am using to flash the X3 BIOS or any others I have tried, via FTP. A quick press of the power button will make the X3 LED go blue and it will boot to any dash that is installed on whichever HD I have in at the time.
Any thoughts guys?

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

Have you tried press&hold the white button with a wired controller?
nidge wrote:Powering on by holding in the power button when booting will make the front and X3 LED go red, but the Xbox doesn`t boot. Pressing eject/ power to boot up will make the X3 LED go purple and I get the FlashBIOS 3.0.0 screen, this is what I am using to flash the X3 BIOS or any others I have tried, via FTP. A quick press of the power button will make the X3 LED go blue and it will boot to any dash that is installed on whichever HD I have in at the time.
There is nothing wrong here. This is how the buttons work.
nidge

Post by nidge »

Sorry it`s not FTP it uses a web browser based flash, a bit like you would use on a PC modem :)
Yes RoyalX, I thought the switches and LED`s were working correctly, many thanks :)

professor_jonny

nidge wrote: Using banks 1-8 (2mb) for X3, the only one that seems to work
the x3 bios is a 1024 kb bios it will be installed in banks 1-4 or 4-8 i dont know what will happen if you select the 1-8 bank

i would suggest holding down the eject button to get to the flash bios backup bank and re install the x3 bios to banks 1-4 over http (left to right first two down last two up.)

if it fails to flash and locks up part way through you might have a dead bank in the flash on the x3 one of my chips has a dead 7 bank
if so try banks 4-8.

once you get a sucessfull flash try go into x3cl if it wont work go on xbins and download x3erace it will wipe the configuration set in x3cl to default, if you cant find it drop me an email and i will send it to you.

it shuld fix it.

if you have an x3cp do you get words on the lcd screen on bootup ?
nidge

Post by nidge »

Hi professor jonny, I`ve tried what you have suggested, which I have tried before, and now nothing works again, it just freezes on the "rocks my box screen"? I cant get it to load of dvd`s very often now either, and when I do it freezes. I did get evo8 bios to work but it still goes slow, the web effect in the background jutters, and then it freezes. So I cant run x3 erase because I cant get a working dashboard, although I have ran it in the past and it didn`t help :( I dont have the LCD, something I would like to add if I can the X3 working properly.
Where or how can I upload a video to this forum, I can post one of some of the symptons, which might be easier than me trying to expalin what is happening.

I will have another go tomorrow, not given up yet :)

professor_jonny

nidge wrote:Hi professor jonny, I`ve tried what you have suggested, which I have tried before, and now nothing works again, it just freezes on the "rocks my box screen"? I cant get it to load of dvd`s very often now either, and when I do it freezes. I did get evo8 bios to work but it still goes slow, the web effect in the background jutters, and then it freezes. So I cant run x3 erase because I cant get a working dashboard, although I have ran it in the past and it didn`t help :( I dont have the LCD, something I would like to add if I can the X3 working properly.
Where or how can I upload a video to this forum, I can post one of some of the symptons, which might be easier than me trying to expalin what is happening.

i have had the same problem you say and what i said to you fixed mine.

try changing the dvd drive, i forgot to mention this has been one of my problems on a slim sata install i did it went real slow it also and caused lockups i changed the dvd board and it fixed it.
AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

nidge wrote:Hi professor jonny, I`ve tried what you have suggested, which I have tried before, and now nothing works again, it just freezes on the "rocks my box screen"? I cant get it to load of dvd`s very often now either, and when I do it freezes. I did get evo8 bios to work but it still goes slow, the web effect in the background jutters, and then it freezes. So I cant run x3 erase because I cant get a working dashboard, although I have ran it in the past and it didn`t help :( I dont have the LCD, something I would like to add if I can the X3 working properly.

I can't tell from your response but did you manage to boot into Flashbios and flash an X3 bios? I've read through your responses and you never specifically mentioned the X3 bios itself, so I'm just making sure that you know that there are X3 specific bioses.
xman

Post by xman »

First thing I would do is have the chip hardwired to boot all the time instead of via the front button hold feature. If you have another chip, install that in this machine and boot just to isolate if is the X3 or the motherboard causing the problems. If it turns out to be the X3 you'll need the other chip to boot the machine with and then swap over the chips, (leaving the machine booted up), so you can then flash the X3 bios, bioses.
nidge

Post by nidge »

Hi , In answer to AZImmortal`s question, yes I can flash an X3 Bios, just can`t get into the X3 live config part to erase, change passwords and whatever else?
Today I have flashed EvoX m8, the Xbox still boots with the "Xecuter rox my box" logo, but EvoX is reporting the bios as "EvoX m8", on the main home screen, with the temps, HD`s etc..which is right. But if I flash with X3 bios 3294, EvoX reports "unknown" as the bios type? With all bioses I have flashed succesfully, the slow down of the graphics is still there, which is the main problem... I also took the motherboard out today and used a magnifing glass to check the wires were soldered correctly on the back. They all appear to be fine to me. By the way the default Flashbios is v3.0.0, I have flashed v3.01 and then used that flashbios, but I get the same results.

xman, my other Xbox is chipped with, what I believe is an "Akira v2" modchip, this starts with a blue X logo, no flubber animation, and boots straight to XBMC4XBOX 3.0, which also says bios type "unknown" in the System info screen. I don`t think its flashable, but I might be wrong? So could I swap the chips over... Both Xboxes are v1.4, both have large HD`s, X3 120gb and Akira v2 160gb.

AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

Evox will only identify your bios if you include it in the ini file, so it's not surprising that it's reported as unknown. What happens when you try to hold down the white button on your controller during bootup after flashing the X3 bios? And you're sure that you're trying to boot from the correct banks that you flashed the X3 bios to?
professor_jonny

nidge wrote:"Akira v2" modchip, this starts with a blue X logo, no flubber animation, and boots straight to XBMC4XBOX 3.0, which also says bios type "unknown" in the System info screen. I don`t think its flashable, but I might be wrong? So could I swap the chips over... Both Xboxes are v1.4, both have large HD`s, X3 120gb and Akira v2 160gb.

you have to flash it with the akira flash bios but to load this bios you need to use pheonix bios loader.
i have one of these chips also, they are a pain to update.

if you cant get into x3cl i would say your eprom on board the x3 has become corrupt or the chip it is in some way defective it could be your controller wight button being faulty?
you need to boot into a dash to run the eeprom eracer program, you might have to swap chips or something to try this ?

have you tried placing the erace program on a dvd named default.xbe and try to boot from it?
nidge

Post by nidge »

Hi, if this works ok :) it`s a video of what I mean by the slowdown of the graphics on my X3 Xbox.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/aLS_3w0Fbwg[/youtube]

A list of things I`ve tried recently;
Different controllers, so not a button fault, tested controllers.
Tried booting X3 erase from DVD, no joy.
I have been able to run X3 erase from the hard disk, it re-boots and nothing is different. It seems to log the erases in the C drive though?
I don`t really want to go through the hassle of taking the X3 and the Akira modchips out, swapping them over, and risk messing them both up. I would need to re-solder, both as they have solder points in different places.

My thoughts are that the X3 is corrupt as pofesser jonny suggested, but it sort of works, just the gfx slow down and not being able to get into X3 live config that are the problems.

nidge

Post by nidge »

Try again :)

youtube http://youtu.be/bRi61XMnB-k
Last edited by nidge on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xman

Post by xman »

I'm sure there's a setting in the X3 menu regarding game play speed or frequency. Have you tried these adjustments in XBMC itself? (Play at 50HTz or 60HTz), something like that. The setting in XBMC may not be matching that of the machine or modchip. Is the game running in NTSC or PAL?. Have you tried copying the game over onto the X3 machine's own HDD rather than swapping the HDD itself?.
professor_jonny

if you have no hdd fitted it shuld boot straight to config live

have you tried this ?
nidge

Post by nidge »

professor_jonny wrote:if you have no hdd fitted it shuld boot straight to config live

have you tried this ?
Tried that tonight, if I have Yoshi`s debug Bios loaded it comes up with a MS error 7 screen.
If I have the Xecuter 3 Bios loaded it comes up with a black screen with green writing saying error 7, with a list of what the error codes mean.
Error 7 is hard drive not found, or HD error, according to the list.
The Yoshi debug Bios works ok, it will load a dash and run games and apps, usualy slowly though. Were as the X3 Bios hangs at the rox my box logo.

Something I have noticed the X3 Xbox seems to be set to NTSC, which isn't a problem with my TV, but from the MS dash it wont retain any settings.
It keeps going back to NTSC 4.3, although the clock will keep the time while plugged into the mains. My settings should really be PAL 50hz or 60hz 16.9 widescreen, my Akira Xbox is set to this. Sorry I didn't supply all this info to begin with, some of it comes from messing about ;)

I managed to get hold of 2 xboxes today, 1 black 1 crystal, so I might take the plunge and try the X3 in one of those, I could do with another pin header really though? Could I use one from an IDE male socket, if I cut off the right amount pins? Thinking about using one from an old HD, circuit board.
Might also give the TSOP method a try, I have a friend who can solder for me :)

nidge

Post by nidge »

YAAA! Success :) I took a gamble and took the X3 and the Akira chips out. I have now put the X3 onto the motherboard that had the Akira chip on, even managed to solder the wires neatly ;) Everything now works, I can get the X3 Live config screen by holding down the white button, there is no slowdown on the graphics and it`s staying in PAL mode. So looks like the other motherboard was faulty?
Now I`ve just got to transfer everything to a bigger HD and install the latest XBMC4XBOX onto it. Oh and I put it in the crystal case I got yesterday :D

I took some photos of the Akira, before I de-soldered, so hopefully I can re-solder the wires back on to another, working mobo. Anybody have the points to solder for an Akira modchip just in case?