xbox-scene alternative

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Kinstinct2

xbox-scene alternative

Post by Kinstinct2 »

Hi Everyone

As the title says is there any site that is a good xbox-scene alternative? I tried Max Consoles hoping Gary Opa the owner of both sites would keep the old posts as a read only but not even 5% of of the posts from xbox-scene were kept in regards to xbox1 original imo.

A lot information from kingroach, krayzie, bomb bloke, heimdall, ldots, ldots fan, xport, odd, lantus, madmab, freakdave and many others are lost. If any can point to any cached backup or similar site, I would be greatful.

TIA
blighty

Re: xbox-scene alternative

Post by blighty »

Xbox-hq is the site i used to use for info, found xbox-scene forums to clicky for my liking, very rarely went further than the news page there.

Hope we don't lose all the most valuable resources.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

http://web.archive.org/web/201310301509 ... /index.php

all is not lost but its harder to find this way
destronger

Post by destronger »

most of those devs are at emuXtras now.
+ T +: Every time you mention Midway games in Final Burn, iq_132 kills a kitten!
ImageImage
Master13

Post by Master13 »

True shame that its gone. Xbox Scene had a goldmine of info on it.
SPPV

Post by SPPV »

Just a heads up but HQ is no longer an alternative, it can be placed in the casket with XS. Im not gonna get into details but its unlikely the site will come back online, if it does it wont be in the near future. For the here and now I would suggest here and Xtras for supoport, and SPPV-Apps for the downloads and tuts (still under construction and may be some time before Ive gotten the dumps from HQ up)
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Make a new sub forum here and invite the XS users here....?
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I guess many of ther are here or on Xtras or on the coinops forums any way they seem to be the most popular xbox gen 1 sites.

This forum is really for xbmc4xbox if buzz adds in an emu section and extensive modding and dev section for other things it may dertact from what the forum really is for, I would also hate for it to become a flame war as tends to happen from time to time in the emu and dev sections on other forums.

But it would be nice for the info from XS and HQ to be stored so it does not get lost, SPPP has the right idea to stich it all together in a place where it wont get lost.

Is there any chance there will be XS dumps placed on the site SPPP or is it all lost?

It would be a shame to loose all the stuff on there also as what has happened elsewhere xboxlinux for one thing is a shame the web site got lost.
SPPV

Post by SPPV »

If somebody has the dumps from XS Id be happy to add them. I only have the HQ dumps since in my capacity as the admin for XBOX-HQ I periodically would dump the downloads, tuts and forums. Mind you a large portion of the tuts we had were from XS originaly so at least some stuff has been saved I guess.
blighty

Post by blighty »

http://gentoox.shallax.com seems to be missing now too... I was aware that they had been read only for a while now & had been meaning to save a few things from there, mainly the native instal thread I wanted to keep.

R.I.P xbox-hq - All of my xbox's salute you as they would never have been free without you.